not everyones taste

twinkle90

Reaction score
But the name Peggy is growing on me. I fund myself calling her baby Peggy already lol.xx

I love Peggy!! Our little girl name is Ginny and I find people aren't loving that either! I try not to care, but I don't want people to curl up their nose when they hear my kids name! X

My children are called skyler and Maddox which people either love or hate but we love them and everyone always gets used to them anyway!

I really like Peggy (and Ginny too, Holi), if it wasn't for the fact that I don't like names that are shortened from other names they would both be on my list.

I love Peggy it was my nans name hope that don't put u of. If I have a girl Peggy will be in there somewhere xx

My mums mum was Betty. But I like Betsy. So that's on the list too. See what OH saysx

I like it. Our chosen name sounds similar to this.

My cousin in America has a wee girl Skyler and I love Maddox since AJloie adopted her wee one.

Is the name peggy after someone? OHs granny was a Peggy, but her name was Margaret. I believe Peggy is a nickname?

xxxx

as long as its not peggy sur then id say its fine. not a name i would chose, but hey ho my chosen name for a girl is Anna Maria which everyone says sounds like a nun in the sound of music so... each to their own

although to me Peggy does feel kinda old -mi work in elderly care and we get quite a few peggies

Each to their own as long as you like it that's all the counts! If I had had a little girl she would have had my grandmas middle name as part of her name.

I think you have to ignore people, we have Temperance (Tempy) and so many people hated that but we love it and now I can't imagine her as anything else xx

I love Pandora for a girl but its wayy to out there for us.

xxx

My cousin in America has a wee girl Skyler and I love Maddox since AJloie adopted her wee one.

Is the name peggy after someone? OHs granny was a Peggy, but her name was Margaret. I believe Peggy is a nickname?

xxxx

My nans name was Margaret but we called called her Peggy to how strange. X

I thought all Peggy's were Margaret? All the ones ive met are called Margaret.

We have a lady in at the mo with a lovely name - Theodora and she gets Dorie.

We've also come up with Martha. I like that one xx

I know a baby Martha - I think it's an old person name, but it's decent. I wish know a Martha in her 20's

Reminds me of Martha Stewart the jailbird :lol:

I dont think Ive ever heard of a baby Martha, if its unique your going for.

xxxx

Its a little old fasioned but I think most old fashioned names come back into fasion. The older generation of Peggys and Marthas wont be around forever so by the time she is old enough to care it could well be a popular name, not an old ladies name. Personally I would be more careful to avoid a super modern fashionable name because they tend to sound dated after a few years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back