• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Not entirely sure what to do!?

BabyDrac

Reaction score
So basically, I've been working for a company as a sales assistant for 5 months, but was only on a temporary contract, the same time i told my manager i was pregnant he said, 'we've been told to turn all temporary into permanent' so due to equal opportunities he had to advertise the job & interview people for it, well Saturday just gone had my shift & had my interview and would be told when i finish what the outcome was, and you can guess what comes next, 3 weeks away from actually being eligible for maternity pay, he told me someone else scored higher in the interview and it would be my last shift...
^.. That's just that back story, i'm not interested in doing anything about it, what's happened has happened...

I'm more worried about what I do next.. v

So what can i do about work, i can't get maternity anywhere else because i'm 17 weeks, would i just have to temp here and there? My OH earns a decent wage, but we're trying to save to move (we live in a 1 bed flat! We need to go asap!!), saving for the baby and the extra money from my job helped! I can't get any benefits because i live with him, so i'm kinda stuck?!

Last edited:
i'm not really sure where you stand as it was a temp contract but maybe best to go down your citizens advice and see what they say x

If you worked for 26 weeks out of the last 66 weks before your baby is born you get maternity allowance that can start any time from the 14th week before baby is born (Ithink, check the website!!) So you will get something!! Think they are very sly as I think that is the only way they can legally get you out!! Speak to citizens advice tho hun!! Big hugs!!
xxxx

That's poop!!! It's your right to have copies of your interview notes, and also formal feedback get this first! And then go to citizens advice, have they ever pulled you up in superisions with your line manager xx

Did you have it in writing from them acknowledging your pregnancy? If so you might have a case? I'm not knowledgeable about this sort of thing but I feel secure at my work knowing I have a letter from my manager stating she knows I'm pregnant!

I would contact ACAS for advice. If they have taken account anythng negative caused by pregnancy when scoring you then I would say they are on dodgy ground. ACAS may help you find out exactly whats happened.

Right did you in any weeks earn over a 100 pounds and did youwork there more then 11 weeks - yes.

If earnt over a 100 pounds im sure your entitled to maternity allownece. If not though id check CAB.

I know this sounds really harsh - and i dont mean to be a bitch - but maybe it is as simple as someone else scoring higher. It also might be difficult to prove that they used your pregnancy against you.

Like the others said - worth contacting ACAS for advice - but try not to stress out.

sorry if i sound like a bitch, really didnt mean to be - I just tend to be devils advocate sometimes.

hope you get something sorted.

xxx

hope you manage to sort something out hun, awful situation to find yourself in. im sure it will work out ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back