Not eating enought! Please help!

MissThing

Reaction score
Hi girls!

I am getting desperate! Usually Daniel had a good boob feed, sometimes topped up with formula, and sometimes just formula or ebm, but he always had about 6-7 oz latey, but last few days its good if he has 2-3oz! :shock: I dont know if its teething (he is teething right now) or what?!! He doesnt seem to be in pain anymore (we stated using tething gel and sometimes Calpol) and is pretty happy without eating much. What can this be? Is it a sign we should start him on solids? I just dont know what to do....

Hi hun,
I would say it sounds like its a result of teething, when babies have poorly teeth they can tend to take less milk (or food if they're weaned). I personally wouldn't say its a sign of needing food (that would be - waking more frequently at night, no or very little weight gain/ finishing a bottle and still being hungry/ particularly whingey between usual feeds)....if he is happy then don't worry, if he is hungry just try him again with milk.
He may just reduce the milk intake altogether, or he may just want little and often during this time.
Glad to hear the teething rememdies have helped with the pain, and hope you had a better night altogether last night
Em :hug:

My LO used to feed on 5oz 5 times a day but lately she's dropped to 2-3oz at some feeds. She seems otherwise happy and content, and her last weighing was OK, so I'm just assuming it's a phase or it could be due to teething (she's dribbling quite a lot).

OopsyDaisy: I hope it will stop soon...I am glad I can breastfeed him as well. At least he gets some food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back