not drinking alcohol excuses - any suggestions?

Aussiegirl

Reaction score
For those that are keeping the pregnancy a secret for the first 3 months - what excuses are you giving for not drinking alcohol in a social situation? I'm thinking of NYE in particular when the bubbly comes out - help me think of an excuse!!

I usually drive everywhere and rarely drink anyway so get away with a lot that way.

Other excellent excuses include:
1) I'm on antibiotics (although there is always some smart arse who says 'what kind....you can drink on those'
2) I had a skin-full last night and I'm stilll hungover - can't even LOOK at a glass of champagne
3) (Have half a glass of champers - won't do much harm) 'blimey, that's gone straight to my head - don't think I'll have any more'!
4) Pretend you have vodka and coke when you just have coke. etc

I'm lucky over christmas as we;re with my family who know anyway - but new year is going to be a challenge (although it is only close friends so wouldn't be the end of the world if we had to tell them)

Good luck and merry christmas!

I normally tell people i'm on anti-biotics so can't drink. Or the one of pretending you've got a vodka and coke except it's just coke is good.

Today my dad kept topping up my glass with champagne, and when no one was looking I was pouring it out into their glasses haha. Was the only way I could think of doing it haha.
xx

Say you have got IBS and you dont want to be on the loo all night

I would recommend taking a glass of bubbly, then laying it down somewhere once the attention is away from you - this draws much less attention usually than refusing a drink - I'm not a big drinker, but this worked for me in both my pregnancies so far.

Valentine Xxx

Great tips everyone!

I have just been taking the drink and then not really drinking it. People don't really notice that way. And sometimes I swap glasses with my husband (when his is more empty) so it looks like I have been drinking.

But I have been having a little bit of champagne sipped slowly, I confess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back