Not been told about contract change while on mat leave???

Bunnykins

Reaction score
Hi a question for anyone who works in HR or who knows the employment rights around maternity leave -

I havent heard anything from my work since I went on maternity leave, no phonecalls, letters or emails only my payslip in the post so I assumed there was no major news or changes to my job etc, today I got my payslip and they have deducted quite a substantial amount of it for 'compulsory unpaid leave' I have no idea what this is? I am assuming it is some major change they have brought in to my contract, but they have failed to tell me anything at all??? I am going to ring payroll tomorrow to find out what it is, but I just wanted to know if I had a case for complaint, surely they should have been in touch with me for such a major contract change?????

Hey hun I work in hr and am currently on maternity leave...some months I have deductions on my wage due to maternity leave being paid in weeks instead of months like a monthly salary.

So basically the weeks run from mon-sun (not 5 day working week)...so for example if the last day of the month is a Friday....that whole week would be deducted and included in your next salary...as you'll only be paid full weeks! So some months will be 4 weeks and some 5...which may be why you have been deducted? Iykwim?!

HTH xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

thanks for the reply that does make sense (even to my tired brain!!) I'll ring payroll in the morning and confirm if that is what it is :)

:) hope u get sorted hun and that's what it is! It's good when you get a 5 weeker....lots of pennies!

xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back