Norovirus???? s&D

sarah2807

Reaction score
Violet started vomiting in the middle of Tues night, this continued all day Wed and some of Thurs and then diaorriah started. She now had really bad diaorriah since Thur. She won't eat anything and is just taking a couple of ounzes of milk every few hours!!!

It's horrendous!!! :(

Basically has anyone had to deal with this...any advice???? I'm having to change her nappy every 10 mins!! :shock: her poor bum is bright red!!! :( :roll:

My poor baby.
:roll:

My lo had this just after Christmas I called NHS direct as I was worried about dehydration as like your lo he was not eating much if anything but really bad nappies! I was told just to unfortuately ride it out and try and push as much fluids as possible. It probably lasted about ten days! Then the nappies got better! It was werid cause he seemed fine in himself just not eating!

If your really worried then would go doctors but could not read and run as I was very concerned when he had it! Being a first time mum this is all pretty new to me!

Hope your lo gets better soon x.

My lo had this just after Christmas I called NHS direct as I was worried about dehydration as like your lo he was not eating much if anything but really bad nappies! I was told just to unfortuately ride it out and try and push as much fluids as possible. It probably lasted about ten days! Then the nappies got better! It was werid cause he seemed fine in himself just not eating!

If your really worried then would go doctors but could not read and run as I was very concerned when he had it! Being a first time mum this is all pretty new to me!

Hope your lo gets better soon x.

thanks for your reply hun...I thought it might be a case of letting it take it's course. :(
10 days :shock: we're on day 5 at the moment and that feels bad enough.

Oh no, sounds horrible :( hope LO is better soon :hug: :hug: xxx

Riley and Brody had this a couple of weeks ago.

I stopped giving Riley milk (he just had water and breastmilk plus dry toast for a couple of days) cos I found formula milk made him worse.

I can totally sympathise :hug:

Jacob has had the vommiting bug this week and is getting over it finally.

I was told by NHS direct and doctors to CUT milk as it irritates the stomach lining in these S&D cases. Fluids to be given are juice, water, and rehydration fluids (diorylite/pedialyte etc available at chemists and some supermarkets).

Hope your LO gets better soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back