Non Bio Washing powder

nori

Reaction score
Hi All,

Bit of a stupid question here but when ive looked at some baby items for sale they state they have been washed in non bio washing powder. Now the ones i have washed were not washed in non bio. Im probably being really thick but whats the difference and is normal washing powder which doesnt state non bio dangerous?

Claire x

I've been told by my health visitor to wash my son's clothes in non-bio because he has eczema and it is kinder to his skin. It's probably related to this!

Hi Nori
Normal washing powder cleans better but is more chemical based. Non bio is a lot softer and more skin friendly.
Normal washing powder might be a little too strong. Im sure people use it though but i'd deffinately recommend going for non bio with babys soft, sensitive skin

Can't help much I'm afraid, but we use non bio washing powder/liquid as my OH's daughter suffers from exzema (sp?) and apparently it would flare up if we didn't!

I never worried about it with my son when he was a baby and it never affected him so guess it's whatever your preference is tbh.

Sarah xxx

Thanks People.. Do you think i should re-wash everything? Ive bought non bio now but have tons of baby grows to re-wash if i need to?

Non bio is better for young babies skin. The rest can cause skin problems.

I'd rewash everything if it were me. Baby skin is often so sensitive that if it were to flare up because of the bio washing powder it'd not be nice when very small.

Blimey.. I have a lot of washing to do! lol..

Thinking about it would it be best to run it through without any powder or with the non bio? Also.. what about fabric conditioner? Should i stay away from this? Oh and bounce in the tumble dryer? Its amazing how noone tells you these things!

Claire x

I'd use non bio to be on the safe side.

If you use fabric conditioner you shouldn't need Bounce in the dryer. Does the same job.

I personally stick to Fairy non bio washing powder and conditioner. Never use bio stuff anyways, so not had to change a thing. Never use Bounce or anything as I don't like to tumble dry unless I *have* to. Saves on electric and the environment. Washing line does for me where I can :)

Ok thanks! Will start the washing again.. should be done by the time baby is born! lol

I never really knew the difference between the two.. If id known i would have just got non bio from the start! I also washed a couple of fabric books and a toy with the normal washing powder. those should be ok shouldnt they? Baby wont be wearing them!

Claire x

I have always used Non bio on the childrens clothes but recently read that studies show that Biological washing powders dont irritate the skin!! Cant remember where I read it tbh!?
Found this on google though
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/jour ... 1&SRETRY=0

I'll probably stick with what i always use anyways!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back