• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Sleep - Advice and thoughts please!

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
Rosie is teething quite badly again. Over the last few days she has had those teething poo-ey nappies at times and generalised chewing of everything. She will go to sleep at night without a problem, if she seems to need it I give her some Calpol or Nurofen before she goes to bed. Over the last ten days I have had 2 full uninterrrupted nights sleep; I am slowly becoming exhausted.

Rosie has been waking up between 12 midnight and 2am and has been really difficult to settle down; last night she woke up at 12.15am and hardly went back to sleep at all until fully waking up at 5.45am - I gave her Calpol, Bongela and even a bottle of milk but all night she was restless and unable to lie still.

This morning she practically refused her breakfast and shortly afterwards had one of those God awful teething poos so I know that it was her tummy hurting her in the night. I have some of those Ashton and Parsons powders, perhaps I should be using them more consistently and then maybe that would help her?

All I need is to :sleep: I feel as if Im going to become unwell as Im tired from being pregnant anyway. Please if anyone has any miracle advice or ideas that might help I would be eternally greatful. Rosie has had ultimate difficulty in dropping off for her nap this morning too so I am 100% :yawn: and no good for anything today!

I'm not sure about the powders as I've never heard of them but if her teeth are hurting I'd totally recommend Anbesol. I always thought it was just for mouth ulcers but it turns out (SIL's health visitor recommended I think) that it can be used for teething pain too and it works wonders in my opinion.

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time...is there anyone who could look after her while you get a nap?

My husband works 2 days and then 2 nights, all 12 hour shifts and then he gets 4 days off. I try to get some rest on those days but I ultimately end up doing more because Steve is at home or we are out and about! My MIL is brilliant but I dont like to put on her too much. I guess I just have to try and nap when Rosie does - Im praying that she sleeps through tonight; fingers crossed for me!

It's really important that you get any sleep you can at the moment...you need to keep yourself in tip-top shape. It's hard enough being pregnant with another little one running around let alone when you can't get a good night's kip either - take it from one who knows. ;-)

If MIL is happy to babysit, you should let her - after all you're growing her another beautiful grand child. Honestly I do know how you feel but I'm sure she wouldn't see it as putting on her if you ask her to come and play with Rosie for a few hours so you can sleep - I bet she'll love it.

I've got my fingers crossed for you, hopefully tonight will be better. x

Thanks so much - I just noticed you're in Gloucester; Im in the Forest of Dean so not far! :)

Oh, not far at all... I did wonder when I saw you're from the south west. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back