• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

no poo - anything to worry about?

Sabrina

Reaction score
George hasn't had a poo since 4pm Saturday. :shock: He's feeding ok and has done lots of wet nappies but no poos. He's also had really smelly wind.

Should I be worried? Is it worth ringing the HV yet?

Thanks for any advice.

Are you bottle or breast feeding?

Jake had a bit of constipation and the midwife said to give him half an oz of cooled boiled water before every feed- but this is only suitable for bottle feeders.

I would ring your HV if you are worried :hug:

It's nothing to be worried about at all!

When Kai was younger he would poo every 4 days or so when he was just on milk.

The pooing every day thing is rubbish, just another thing to try and get you worried. If they are in pain it is another story.

I was told by a doctor that they only will do something like give a suppository after 10 days or so.

Thanks. :) I'm breastfeeding but giving George one bottle of formula at night time.

He's been doing 2/3 poos a day since he was born. Saturday he only did one late afternoon and nothing yesterday.

I'm due a visit by the HV tomorrow so I can ask her.. if she doesn't come I'll ring the clinic just to put my mind at rest.

:hug:

I saw Gp about Dylans poo and he said with B/feeding babies they can go up to a week without pooing and they don't worry , the concern would be if they were straining and nothing happening

:hug:

(for breastfeeding Mummies)-The only time to be concerned is if there's no pee :D Lots of wet nappies and no poo is fine, you're doing great Sabrina, well done George too :hug:

bailey is just the same sabrina.. loads of wet nappys but no poo's.. he finally went yesterday after 5 days..

your doing a grand job! :hug: :hug:

Aww thanks for the replies and the reassurance SSS and Redshoes. :) You know what it's like we worry about every little thing with our babies don't we? I was so relieved when George finally went yesterday I even text my mum and OH at work! :D

Marcus suddenly went from doing a poo every couple of hours to going a whole day without doing any poo at all. Lots of wet nappies though so I wasn't too worried. After a 24 hour gap, he did a whole days worth in one nappy. He has continued to do this ever since, just one dirty nappy per day... saving me a fortune in nappies! :lol:

Oh and at the time he too was mainly breastfed with a top up bottle at night :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back