• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Poo?

Becs

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

Austin has taken to only doing a poo once every 2 or so days. He is due to do one today and still hasn't so he's been nearly three days now. Should I be worried? He has been trying all day to no avail and it seems to bother him a lot these days. Is ther anything I can do to help him? Is this normal? He's 7 weeks corrected and weighs 9Ibs.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Love Becs xxx

Is he breastfed? As that can be part of it. Somedays breastfed babies poo for England then can hold it in upto a week at a time. Angel is starting to go every other day. And this bothers me as my sister says she is the only baby she's ever come across that can poo upto her neck! Lol

Hi Lisa,

He's bottle fed mostly expressed breast milk with 1 or sometimes 2 formula feeds a day too now. Sorry to hear you are in the same position. It;'s hard to find good advice on the internet about it. He is gaining weight and has very wet nappies. It's just these rare poos are quite upsetting for him as he finds the whole process very long and uncomfortable. I was thinking about having a very large glass of orange juice about half an hour before expressing. I wonder if this would help?

B xx

Worth a try, then he'll be getting his vitamin C as well. It's probably your breast milk that does it then. It's very common. I was in a panic coz i was getting through a pack of nappies every other day. By the time she was 4 weeks we were on pack number 9! I spoke to my HV and she told me it may swing the other way and not have a poo for upto 7 days, If he seems uncomfortable then i'd have a word with your HV. Just for reassurance. At least he has wet nappies. But yeah Angel is starting to go every other day now. And when she does it's like a bomb has gone off in her nappy and have to quickly take her clothes off before it leaks all over them!

Emms only poos once or twice a week normally. Apparently this is ok according to HV!!!

i asked my health visitor about this when porscia seemed consitpated. she advised me to water downone feed per day... so lets say she had 7flozof water and7 scoopsof feed...then you would only putin6 scoops of feed...but only once a day... and until she actually pood...

LO does go on poo strike too. The longest she was without a poo was around 48 hours.

I wouldn't worry about it. I have been told that it is normal in babies who are breastfed (and when they get a little older, ie are no longer new born).

Its normal for BF babies to sometimes go up to a week between poos. Most don't go that long, but every other day is fine.

My LO was pooing 5 or 6 times a day till about 2 weeks ago then went 3 days with nothing and then did a massive poo and now goes every other day. Usually twice in one day then. He also frets and fusses for anything up to the entire day before pooing. Sometimes he screams and cries, other times kicks his legs and goes bright red and strains. Eventually he poos just fine and is all happy and smiles again. I just comfort him when I need to, do his little leg exercises and also use his dummy to get him through the worst pains.

If your LO were constipated he would be doing little hard rabbit like poos so its not that. I'd say its just his body adjusting and settling into its routine. Don't fret as its quite normal to poo less frequently.

Luke is a BF baby too and can got 3/4 days without a poo. So long as they're having wet nappies it's fine :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back