No OV???

BabyBlues

Reaction score
Having been off the pill 2 months and cycles not sorted out yet is it possible that I am not OV AT ALL??? Is this normal??? :?

It can take a while for some women to get the efffects of the pill out of the body. The pill stops ovulation and in some people it can take a while for the body to realise what it should be doing and produce an egg. It is possible that you are not ovulating yet. If you are concerned you could go to the Drs and just say you are ttc and that you are concerned about your cycles (have you bled at all yet - not really sure from your q?). Im not sure that they would do anything at this stage and prob just say to give it a little longer but it might help to put your mind at rest....stress can delay ov so although its easier said than done try not to worry too much about it x

Have had a 2 day bleed in Jan, heavy enough to use tampons..think ill give it till the end of the month and see if AF comes on, if not may go see the doc x

just about your 2 day bleed - my AFs are shorter since I came off the pill so I would take that 2 day bleed as an AF. I think you are being sensible in saying you will wait til the end of the month and then visit Dr. Hope thiings sort themselves out for you asap x

Thanks...Im counting the 2 days bleed as an AF, using mymonthlycycles to track my AF and fertility - well at least thats what im trying to do but as you know not a lot happening! Think i should have another AF next week, hope so. Have had sharp pains not AF pains in my tube area so was hopeful i was OV but sticks said not...next month fingers crossed! x

Ov sticks dont work for everyone as some people only have an LH surge (what the ov sticks detect) for 10 hrs so it can be easily missed if you test once a day! You cant always rely on them in that respect - although if you do get a + its obviously a good sign to start Bding! Good luck though x

Feeling a bit more positive now..scanned the net and found a doctors site. Says on it that after coming off the pill can take 6 months to get back to normal, any longer and see a doc. Also says that the pill can delay OV and so if ttc then see a doc so they can help it along..that is my next plan of action...will make my appt for the end of Feb. Feel like i have made some progress, hopefully they will help me out and not tell me to wait a bit longer...i am not patient!! x

Me either - Im so impatient - but like I said it differs between women - my cycle seems to still be changing length and I stopped the pill last Oct.

At least you are feeling more positive now (sounds silly but it will help) and you still have time for your 'regular' cycle to appear so Fingers crossed :hug:

Can you check my new post and tell me what you think? Thanks x

Think i worked my cycle out wrong, should be 23 days. if this is the case how many days from first day of AF do i count to work out my OV day?

Hi -
If your cycle is 23 days - work out when your next Af would be due using the first day of the 2day bleed you had as day 1.

Then count back 16 days from that (which would be the first day you are likely to ov) and 10 days from that (which would be the latest day you are likely to ov) and the times between those two dates would be your fertile time.

i.e. if you had last AF on 1st Feb, Af would be due 24th 16 days back from that is 8th Feb, 10 days back is 14th so your fertile period would be between 8th and 14th Feb - to be on the safe side you can also go for the day after that - the 15th too.

Does that make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back