No More Mr Booby!

congrats hon, you should be really proud of yourself!

get some cabbage for the engorgement, put it in the fridge and peel off the leaves, roll them with a rolling pin and pop them in your bra....sooooooothing

Danni you have made the right decision. You have given it your best shot and you have been successful (your little one hasnt wasted away to nothing!) but it has obviously been a strain on you at a time when even if things are going smoothly it's bl**dy knackering! You are rightfully proud of yourself. I've enjoyed reading your posts encouraging others to try to breastfeed and offering advice which makes you sound like you have been breastfeeding for months and months! I know that you will continue to offer your advice and support to people here and hope that both you and your LO thrive on formula feeding! :hug:

You've done a fantastic job. I gave up at about the same time after lots of problems.

You've given your Lo the very best start . well done :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

WELL DONE! You're a complete star for managing to breastfeed for 5 and a half weeks when you experienced such difficulties :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

dannii87 said:
I've decided (after about a week of wondering) that I'm giving up breastfeeding!

All you booby feeders, I take my hat off to you! You're all fabulous but I'm part of the bottle clan now! :wink:

There are some - like me - who never had problems with BF:ing at all. LO latched like a dream from the start, apparently my nipples are 'perfect' for breastfeeding and I really cannot remember having any problems. So perhaps, I would have also given up had I had your troubles. So I take my hat off you for you for trying so hard :hug: :clap: :dance:

Well done for trying so hard! It sounds like the best decision for the both of you

As said you will need to drop the feeds gradually - I set a date in mind (we were going away for the weekend) to have Finlay completely on bottles and dropped the feeds slowly so that my boobs got used to it. Be warned - it will be uncomfortable :( I replaced the boobs with bottles over 3-4 weeks but you could probably do it quicker.

I found the last boob feed to go was the morning one

Well done hun :cheer: :hug: A happy Mummy is a happy baby :)

Also I'd second the recommendation of HiPP organic formula, Oscar loves his one bottle a day. And his burps aren't as bad as when he had SMA Gold in hospital :D

BabyMagic said:
There are some - like me - who never had problems with BF:ing at all. LO latched like a dream from the start, apparently my nipples are 'perfect' for breastfeeding and I really cannot remember having any problems. So perhaps, I would have also given up had I had your troubles. So I take my hat off you for you for trying so hard :hug: :clap: :dance:

Me too - not quite sure how I would have coped if I had had your problems, so I think you've done brilliantly.

Valentine Xxx

We (well, Riley) are on SMA gold. It's really good, what he was given in hosp. No smelly farts or burps, and he really gulps it down!! If I were you, I'd have a good read of the diff formulas and decide which one to use. I just stopped straight away and went onto SMA, but I only lasted a week :? . So, im not sure how you'd go about weaning Evie onto the bottle.

Maybe the NUK bottles? They're supposed to be good I think :)

Good Luck Honey :hug:

Well done hun for lasting as long as you did, you should be really proud of yourself :hug:

I just stopped feeding, my boobies were very sore for a couple of days, I expressed a couple of ounces off each day and put Savoy cabbage leaves in my bra - they are fab and really helped so get yourself some in the fridge :hug:

Chloe is on SMA gold and has had no problems at all.

Xxx

:hug:

Stop gradually as you risk engorgement and even mastitis and abcess. I would stop one feed every coupleof days, give your boobs chance to adjust.

Ditto everything everyone else has said, i followed your story too hon and i think you really ARE superwomen/MUM/Gorgeus gal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please give yourself a huge pat on the back for perservering Im gonna start a bottlefeeding post so please come join in...

:hug: :hug:

It's lovely to hear you're happy Dannii, that will make Evie happy too and I wish you all the best, you've really put yourself through it, have a rest and enjoy being with Evie without all the worry of her hunger or nipple pain :hug: :hug: :hug:

I too would recommend HiPP and also CTN Tommee Tippee bottles :)
Obviously all babies are different though, good luck with it :hug:

:hug:

Well done honey. You certainly have done everything possible. Just enjoy being with your little girl.

One word of warning though - I gave up breastfeeding (twice) after terrible problems in the early days but I changed my mind :? and I'm still feeding now.

Dannii you did great to do it as long as you did wih all the problems you encountered! well done babes x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back