No antenatal classes for me then!!

littlepip

Reaction score
There all fully booked up until april/may time!!!!!!! Midwife wrote down to book when im 24 weeks and when i phoned up he said there all fully booked and i needed to book them as soon as i knew my due date really! :( He said he thinks everyones gone baby mad!

I wouldn't worry hun... i found my ante-natal classes a waste of time :)

Ive worked with children for the last 5 years and my mum's a midwife so were deffo not short on knowledge of babies :lol: but i wanted to meet other mum's to be but never mind! :)

That's crap really. What if you really wanted them :(

littlepip said:
Ive worked with children for the last 5 years and my mum's a midwife so were deffo not short on knowledge of babies :lol: but i wanted to meet other mum's to be but never mind! :)

Have you heard of Netmums? its a website where you can meet other mum2b's/mums in your area :)

aww thats a shame hun.
we dont get them here its something else parenting classes i think :?
manda xx

Im not seeing my midwife till 25 weeks now so maybe i should be booking them now. :shock:

Thats really annoying for you though. :hug:

Maybe they will put on extra classes.

I found that after the first class. the numbers dropped so maybe you could join in a bit later.

There seems to be a massive baby boom here during the months of April and May next year. I am asuming that they will have the same probs when it comes to there classes. xxx

i was about to post the same ! just got back from 25 week appoiment to be told to not expect to get any classes and the midwifes are having to push nct classes which in my area are £263 for 3 days !

tbh im quite upset , cos im a first time mum , ive no experience of children / babies , infact feeding my friends 3 month old boy last week was first time ive ever fed a baby , and i just had pictures of me practising breathing with my oh :rotfl: like on the tv !

ive just back from dr as i took my form down to get onto the parent classes, i hope there not fully booked too :shock:

i recon they should put some more classes on, surely it cant be that hard, im only going in hope of meeting other mums too.

G3M how did your 25 week appointment go? I dont get one :(

Mine are all booked and all the NCT ones :(

I am uber anxious about birth, I wanted to be prepared about what was going to happpen :(

I am going to hypnobirthing next week, hopefully that might explain some of what might happen.

You're really not missing anything with the nhs one's. They're good for meeting other mums to be but thats all really

Thats not good to hear :(

I haven't heard anything about classes here

I got given a form to fill in when I first got my notes, but I figured I'd have plenty of time to book them. I better get my finger out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back