Nipple stimulation with breast pump

jcox

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone had any opinions/experience on this? Hadn't heard of it until a few days ago. Do people use this method to help bring in labour?

Any opinions would be great. Xxx

Never heard of this. I have no sign of milk coming through so I personally wouldn't attempt it. Knowing my luck it would get stuck with suction.....still would be an eye opener for the fire brigade huh :D

This won't help to bring on labour hun. Milk comes in after labour also, anything from hours to days. Mine took 5 days because of having an emergency section and then son was tongue-tied and couldn't latch properly so my milk to an age and I had to use a pump to help my milk come in. But it won't help to bring on labour or milk to come in pre-labour xxxxx

Well from reading about it, I think it's less about getting milk to come through and more about prompting a release of oxytocin which creates contractions. :/

I was just a bit baffled by it so thought I would see if any of you ladies had heard of it? Doesn't make sense to me at all!xxx

I heard of it, when you breastfeed it causes ur uterus to contract which is why you lose the belly quicker however can only imagin it will cause braxton hicks if anything tho. Cant imagin it feels good either

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

have read on other websites women doing this with success, lots use their pumps and it can start mild contractions or a show! worth giving a bash, the only thing i would say is, dont do it if your colostrum has come in because thats the good stuff for the bambino!

I've heard of this and was wondering the same things really if it's worth trying or not!? Had read people said it brought on labour with contractions. Surely it's same as nipple stimulation and that's recommended to try bring on labour so I don't see why this wouldn't as long as u didn't do too much of it x

During my antenatal class the midwife actually suggested nipple stimulation and sex as a way of getting oxytocin released which causes contractions.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back