Newborn weight

mandspice

Reaction score
Dexter has gained 1lb 1oz already (now 8lb 7oz) and he's only 6 days old! I heard babies usually lose in the first week - did anyone else's baby gain?

Midwife wasn't concerned, she was very pleased with him and he is tall rather than fat. I'm titchy so perhaps he "ran out of space" inside me and is making up for it now..?? He is bottle fed BTW xx

bottle fed babies put weight on quicker and more steadily in the begining, so i wouldnt be suprised :) thats great he's doing so well!

I was surprised when our lo gained quite a bit of weight after he was born too. He is bottle fed and he had good weight gain even though he suffered from reflux. xxx

Austin put on 5oz in his first 5 days. He was breastfed and I remember feeling so proud! The midwife was relly surprised, she said babies normally lose weight to begin with, especially if they're overdue.

Lydia lost a fair amount of weight in the first few days, but Alex never lost any when he was a newborn - he put on a couple of ounces.

Ironic now how Lydia is the one at a normal weight, whereas Alex has such terrible problems eating and isn't gaining weight at all :wall:

:cheer: GO DEXTER!

Evie put on a whole oz in the frist week- she was breastfed though so I was really proud of myself. She'll be 16 weeks tomorrow and she's nearly doubled her birthweight :cheer: :cheer:

Ahh, thanks xx

I've just been looking thru my notes and the silly midwife gave us the wrong birthweight! They weighed him in kilos and the correct calculation is 7lbs 11oz, so he was bigger than we thought. Still, he's gained 12lbs the little piggie :D

mandspice said:
Ahh, thanks xx

I've just been looking thru my notes and the silly midwife gave us the wrong birthweight! They weighed him in kilos and the correct calculation is 7lbs 11oz, so he was bigger than we thought. Still, he's gained 12lbs the little piggie :D

:lol: I was nearly right with my birth prediction of 7lb 13oz in your labour thread then! :rotfl:

Sprog gained 5oz within his first 5 days, which was amazing as he was 11 days overdue and didn't feed much for his first two days.

Taylor wnt from 8 lb 1.5 oz to 9lb 6 oz in a week!!!

My daughters birth weight was fairly low at 5 pound 12 oz, in her first week she put on 1 pound and was just breastfed.

It sounds like your LO is doing really well.

mandspice said:
:clap: Yayy :D x

Oops, above should read 12oz, not 12lbs!

I was gonna say :shock: that would be amazing

Thats gr8 news hun hes gonna be a tall laddy!!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back