Newborn toys - recommendations please...

Lolly85x

Reaction score
Hello ladies!
Hope you don't mind me gatecrashing here, just wondered if I could ask for some advice about getting some toys for my baby. I'm due 25th of July, with my 1st.
I actually don't have a clue about which toys to buy...!
How soon will baby need some to play with?
And has anyone found anything that there LO's have particularly enjoyed playing with?
Daddy has bought baby a Sophia giraffe, but that's it!

Hi hun! Not long left for u now- exciting time! Hope ir not too uncomfy!
LO won't need a lot of toys to start off with but we had a few things ready for our little man- a squeaky hand held giraffe (like Sophia), a couple of teddies, a cot mobile and a playgym. The playgym has been his favourite by far- we put him on it within a couple of days of him being born and he would watch the lights and listen to the sounds (we got the fisher price rainforest one), same with the mobile really. LO will want to b with u and daddy more than anything tho so don't worry too much as u can get stuff later on.
Hope u have a great birth experience and c u over here in b&t in a few weeks xxx

playgym, bouncer and a couple of lamaze toys are all we have bought and she loves them. the lamaze toysa are especially good from a few weeks old and there are so many different ones they can get addictive lol

Thanks! I'm very excited and doing really well :) imagined myself being couch bound and whale like, but so far so good! Plenty of time tho :) haha! Will maybe look into a play gym then... Just like to be organised! Ha!! Speak again very soon :) xxx

Yep - definiely the playgym. It was the first thing we really used with LO, oh! And the bouncy chair. Everything jelse came sometime after. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy... See you back here soon :)

Fisher price rainforest gym is great , plus any Lamaze toys x

The best entertainment I found was me!! Apparently she seen me as her jester! Lil monkey!

The toys she took to was musical ones as a newborn and anything that crinkled x

Freddie firefly Lamaze chicky. A must! Although will take a good few months before interested.

Hope your pregnancy is going well. Not long to go. Xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ive found that its only now 3 weeks later that Keira is getting into things, she loves her playgym, mobile and bouncy chair. Oh and her lamaze toys x

Same as the others have said! A playgym with a light up musical part, lamaze toys and books. She really started enjoying everything around 5-6 weeks. Good luck! I hope you have a great delivery xx

For LO's very first toys black and white things are best, simple black and white drawings like wavy lines and spots etc on bog standard white paper. Also if you have any black and white patterened tops these are brilliant. As someone else said yourself is one of the best toys in the first few weeks singing and pulling faces really do work :)

After that playgym, bouncer, Lamaze toys all excellent investments. Don't be downheartened if LO doesn't like her playmat to begin with, mine didn't start liking hers till about 12 weeks lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back