What play time do you have with your LO's?

Tiggy26

Reaction score
I just wondered what everyone else was doing?

At the moment Antonio seems to be quite content with the following:-

Playmat - Also try to encourage him to hold some small soft toys with easy grip on the playgym.

Tummy Time - Hes really liking it at the moment :D

Bouncer (the one that hangs from the door) 2 weeks ago he was unsure of this but yesturday I sat with him and he loved it and was bouncing up and down for about 15-20mins with a huge smile on his face!

Baby Cakes Swing - spends about 20mins in there watching the lights and listening to music before I put him down for his nap.

Bumbo seat - I sing songs and again try and encourage him to hold his rattle and other toys.

Afternoon stroll in buggy - hes really starting to take it all in now and looks at everything.

Nappy off time - Play with more toys, I pull funny faces and talk like a budgie, he loves it! and yesturday he did a proper laugh/giggle. Was sooooo cute!!

Then has his bath, Daddy gets home about this time and has a bit of playtime with Antonio as well. Then he has his bottle and is in bed for 7.30ish

Is there anything else I should be doing? Im knackard at the end of the day and then I have to crack on with the Housework! :shock: :wall:

What about everyone else?

T xx

mainly a lot of singing and kisses while I do things like put the washign out with him lying on the rug in the room, in the sling while I do the washing up, under the baby gym on his own for about 5-10min at a time if i am doing somethign I can't take him with me for - sitting in his bouncer at the bathroom door while I clean the bath.... we lead such an exciting life!

he giggles and smiles at me and we have a fine old time! He is ok on his own in the bouncer or gym for a few minutes and can play with toys - this week is the first time he has been really able to hold and shake a rattle and is currently fixated on an ELC one with 3 thin red bits to make the handle and a large black and white ball on the end!

we go out everyday but that is usually his nap time in the buggy although he does have a toy there on a toy tie that he plays with.

His all-time favourite game is sitting on my lap or tummy facing me while I hold his hands, bounce him and sing and kiss him - he chortles away as if I've just invented the best game ever!!!

Its great when they get a bit older and start playing with toys. although ky now has a box of toys he'd much rather sit on my lap and babble to me. his new favourite game is to sit on my lap facing me and stand up while i hold his hands. He looks very proud and giggles away when hes standing! typically he likes that more when ive spent a fortune on toys!!!

Wow Tiggy, I cant even imagine what else you could do! Sounds like antonio is a busy boy, its so lovely when you can tell they are really enjoying something. Eva has a current obsession with a bizarre looking black red and white puppy that attaches to her playmat, she smiles and chats away to it, very cute!
We
- play on the playmat a few times a day,
- go out for walks,
-she lays in her cot and watches the mobile for a good 15 mins at a time
(which is handy for when i need to get something done),
- splashes in the bath, and sometimes 'swims' in the big bath with me or OH which she loves.
-I also try and read to her at least once a day propped up on my lap so she can look at the pictures, I know she is a bit small for books but she seems to like it!
When it was warm last week we also spent quite a lot of time wandering round the garden looking at the flowers, although that might say more about my gardening obsession than Eva's interest in the subject lol.
:D

clarey said:
Wow Tiggy, I cant even imagine what else you could do! Sounds like antonio is a busy boy, its so lovely when you can tell they are really enjoying something. Eva has a current obsession with a bizarre looking black red and white puppy that attaches to her playmat, she smiles and chats away to it, very cute!
We
- play on the playmat a few times a day,
- go out for walks,
-she lays in her cot and watches the mobile for a good 15 mins at a time
(which is handy for when i need to get something done),
- splashes in the bath, and sometimes 'swims' in the big bath with me or OH which she loves.
-I also try and read to her at least once a day propped up on my lap so she can look at the pictures, I know she is a bit small for books but she seems to like it!
When it was warm last week we also spent quite a lot of time wandering round the garden looking at the flowers, although that might say more about my gardening obsession than Eva's interest in the subject lol.
:D

Reading a story book is something I havnt done yet, might do that this evening and see what reaction I get lol

I do have to time it right, she has to be in a reading mood or i end up reading to myself while Eva wriggles and yells :rotfl:

With Isaac, whilst he's awake, its playtime :lol:
As long as your LO is happy, I'm sure you are giving them everything they need, playtime and otherwise :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back