Toys & breakages

Rosebay

Reaction score
Hi,

since we've just had Xmas and a lot of us are celebrating our lo's 1st birthdays I just thought I'd ask about what toys you've had problems with breaking etc. Elliott isn't a rough baby although he does somethimes throw things about but someone got us the ELC Intercity Train toy (Happy Town?) and one of the wheels came off the middle truck leaving a bare spike of metal and making the whole toy useless after just one week. To be honest he hadn't even played with it much- I think it just came off after it was in the toy box and got moved around. I took it back today and exchanged it for two wooden toys thinking they might me a bit more tough but he was playing with the abacus on the sofa, banged it down (on the sofa) and it fell apart- beads going everywhere! The rods at the corners were loosely glued in so no wonder- I have nailed the rods back together (that CDT GCSE coming in handy at last!) in a way that I hope is both safe and hardy and I've thrown it around on the floor and tried to pull it apart but I think it's ok now. Have we just been unlucky or are things badly made?

Anyone else had toys aimed at under 3s break easily?

+++

ella has all the happyland stuff and we havnt experienced any breakages

Ella has ripped one book and thats it

Rubie eats board books :shock:

I know that's not them breaking, but surely they shouldn't be eatable? :lol:

Lol I am glad my son isnt the only one who eats them!

I thought he was a right book worm - but no he would rather use them as a teether! lol-

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back