• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Newbie with a question about cycles

CharlieP

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm a newbie! me and my husband have been TTC since November... I havent been on the pill for years but have never really paid attention to my cycle...all I knew really before Nov was that they came every month... If only I had realised the complexity of it all I would have started paying attention ages ago!

Anyway - I ave monitored by last few AFs, and they show an average cycle of 20 days... but that seems really short to me (the longest was 23 days) and I suppose my question is, does anyone ele have quite short cycles?

If this is right then I could be a day overdue for AF... I have been getting pains since Sunday and feeling a bit weird (but not sure if I am imagining this!) and there is no sign of AF (apart from cramps).

On Saturday night (1.30am) I had a bleed - just once when I wiped (sorry if TMI) and then nothing... I have read about implantation bleeds so I guess it could be that?

I am far too scared to test - I have read so much about people getting disappointed, or hacing chemical pregnancies etc... but I want to as well... would a pregnancy show up now do you think?

Sorry for all the questions! I would ask m other half but he would make something up and retend he was the oracle on it :rotfl: ad I don;t want to ask my sisters or um because one of y sistes recently had an MC and I don't want to be insensitive (and my mum will only think I'm being paranoid)

Thanks in advance!
x

hiya welcome! :wave:

i'm a newbie (to ttc, not to the forum!) too so i'm not an oracle either :lol:

but if ur period is late then yes a preg test should show up! lots of luck i hope ur stay in ttc is a short one! :pray:

cycles- u count first bleeding day as day one, did u know that? (sorry if u did, its just that i didnt- i thought first day of clean panties was day one at first :oops: )

x x x

Hiya Trixipaws, thanks for the reply!

Yeah I knew that - its that that makes me think my cycle is weird because if I have AF for 5 or 6 days then I am ovulating pertty much in the next few days after the last day of bleeding.

I did read that its actually quite good to have a short cycle (but not too short) because you have more chances to get pregnant because you ovulate more regularly.

I really want to test but can't bring myself to do it because I don't want it to be over for this month...

I've been having stabbing pains just below my belly button today... could that be a sign (but I'm really paranoid because I don't have sore bbs...and everyone who gets pg seems to have that!!)

I hope my stay in ttc is short too - I'm a bit of an obsessive so my head could actually explode if it takes ages!!

x

test and see. it could still be bfn even if you are pregnant and only af turning up will tell you that it's really over but you may get a bfp! you wont knw tilyou TEST! :hug:

Oh god!!! You're not helping my resolve! I was thinking perhaps I should test Friday (and wait and see if AF comes in the meantime) and then if its a BFN or she comes then I have the weekend to be depressed (rather than at work)...

I'll see if I can hold out - I have 5 tests sat in the bathroom winking at me!!

I know the feeling - but I only have one left, amazed I have any left though!

Sorry but......

TEST TEST

naughty I know :lol: x

I may test in the morning... I'll keep you posted but I am pretty sure it'll be a no.

I'm sending lots of bady dust your way :pray:
Yeah, keep us updated I'll be keeping everything crossed for you x :hug:

got up this morn and went to the en suite for a wee so I couldn't test with FMU in the main bathroom and wouldn't test with anything else so will now wait til tomorrow and see if I can then wait til Saturday...

I keep changing my AF dates in my head so that AF is due a day later because my cycle is then longer - crazy I know but its stopping me testing!!!

Still getting some pains in my tummy but not sure whether they feel like AF or not - I really think it'll come today

And then I think what if my middle bleed that the start of Dec (which was very short - 1 to 2 days) was ovulation and therefore my cycle is like 38 days long and I'm ovulating now and hubby is away in London so no BD'ing going on!

I think I may take my brain out and put it in a box.

Sorry for the ramblings!!!

x

Hey...

Tested this morn BFN... still no AF though...

I'm kicking myself thatI didn;t trackmy cycle for longer because I haven't really got a clue whether I'm late, due or not due for anoher week...and don;t know wheher the bleed I had on Sun morn was ovulation... aarrggggghhhh!

I put my latest ccles on mymonthlycycles and they reckon I was due 2 days ago -but not even a faint line on the test

If I assumed a 28 day cycle instead of listening to mymonthlycycles then I would be due next Tues... but that wouldnt add up wit wy I have beenfeelinglike AF is coming since Sunday... I wonder if its my mind playing tricks.

May test again tmorrow if AF doesn't come today

Another test this morn and another BFN...but still no AF!

And las night I had the worst pain in my left side (near my hip) - I was doubled up - It defo wasn't an AF pain...and went after about 15 mins

Any ideas?

AF-like cramps are also an early preg symptom. I had them with both mine. As for the pain - what kind was it? I had a sort of dull aching (but strong) and it felt like someone had their handing inside my pelvis and was trying to pull it apart sideways. Odd I know but there you go.

STOP WORRYING so much about your cycle. A lot of people don't show a bfp until they are over a week late, then again if you're a week early you could have to wait another week. Either way, blaming yourself for not keeping track of things and worrying are just going to stress you out. Calm yourself my dear and have a hug :hug:

Buddabun - thanks so much for your reply...it was really nice and made me smile!!

I'll stop stressing now (still no AF - and back ache today)

x

Hi Charlie welcome to the nut house! :wave:

This all sounds intresting no answers that I can offer I'm afraid just wishing you lots of luck hope you get the bfp you want :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back