Frustrating cycles

arcanegirl

Reaction score
My cycles keep changing.
I was 34 days but recently i have been ranging from 31 to 37 days. I went to my doctor the first time my cycle became a week longer and he said if i keep being irregular after 3 cycles to go back and see him.
I came off the pill in october but surely that would be out my system now??

Hi there,

It probably is out of your system ... I had a couple of months where my cycles were longer than normal (42 days I think was my longest) - I was ovulating later than normal, and never really found out why, but they got shorter over 3 or 4 months and then got back to 30 days.

Do you track when you ovulate?

i started charting from last cycle, the one after my length changed. last cycle ovulation was detected at cd28 and i got af 9 days later.

Hmmm, well all you can do for now is make sure you keep charting so that you have all the information ready for when you go back to your doc. Having said that, my doctor wasn't the slightest bit interested in my charts! She said thermometers can be whacky, OPKs can be misleading ..... she was only interested in the actual fact of whether I had ovulated, and she checked that by sending me for day 21 blood tests (and day 28, and day 35 in the case of one month).

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Thankfully my doctor is very nice and helpfull, he actually asks if theres anything else at teh end of the appointment rather than rushing you out the door!
I think if my cycles carry on being irregular then i will go see him and see what he can do.
i never thought to count how long my cycles were before going on the pill to know what theyre normally like, i only know that they werent always this long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back