Newbie..micronor and possibly pregnant?

Womble75

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have lots of ?'s as very new to all this..
I've been on the mini pill but last few weeks have been a bit lapse in taking it. Have come off it since last week as TTC. I've not really had periods as such since I've been on it as originally prescribed to stop the heavy periods I had before I lost over 7 stone in weight.
The past few days my emotions have been all over the place with me bursting into tears for no apparent reason (which is not like me!) I get waves of nausea, lower back pain and for a few days had very very light bleeding. Not really what I would call a period.
Am I paranoid or could I be pregnant? I'm 36 so had set myself up for a long wait... I have been pregnant once before but was in my late teens and lost it so not really got anything to base this on.
Can anyone offer advice? I feel silly and very emotional and not really sure what to think!
Thank you :)

Hi and welcome.
Sounds like you have some signs to me. You,ll have to test to be sure.

Thank you for replying...
Im also a bit confused of when to test as I never really had AF on the pill so have nothing to base timing on.
Today I cannot bear to drink coffee when I usually need 4 cups in the morning to get going.. been drinking tea instead.. niggly pain in lower back and left hip still there..

I think I am correct that you have to be pretty dilligent with taking the mini pill so if you've missed a few etc you could well be pregnant?

I guess as you have no real dates to base it on you may just have to test every few days for a while?

Well done in losing such a vast amount of weight hun! What an acheivement.

Fingers crossed for you!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
The general rule, I was told when I was on it, is to wait three weeks since last having sex, that will give the egg chance to implant and give off enough hormone to give you a positive. Good luck.

Thank you both.
I ordered some of the cheap tests off Amazon so will give those a go once they get here..
We have both discussed in length me coming off it which is why I was a bit lax in taking it then stopped altogether last week. The past few weekends I have not taken it and we have had sex so guess if it has happened I have a 3 week possible window...
We both thought given my age and the length of time I had been taking it, we would be looking at a longer wait than this but maybe I was wrong.. also Im guessing the weight loss may have helped??
Im just so tired all the time which is not like me, and the nausea started the past few days, along with the backache etc..
Would be a great Xmas present tho... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back