Newbie... AF, is it still possible?

Shakespeare

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am a newbie but I have been lurking for a while before I joined.

You guys seem great on here, so I was hoping someone could help with my question.

Me and my OH haven't been purposely TTC, so I haven't really been paying much attention to when we have... well, you know...

My periods have always been extremely regular, always 28 days and last for 5 days with normal flow, and one day where it is just the odd leak (sorry! TMI). I always get a really sore back the day before AF is due, and the morning AF comes I get quite bad cramps. Not as bad as some people I know, but bad enough that all I want is to curl up in bed with a hot water bottle. Also, a day or two before AF I get a mouth ulcer and that has been happening for about 2 years without fail. I also get really sore boobs, and become a right crabby mare.

Anyway, in July AF was due on the 5th. On the 30th of June (roughly, I can't remember exactly so give or take a day or two) I had one single spot of blood when I wiped, it was about half a cm in diametre. Then, AF came on the 8th (so 3 days late, which isn't late by much but for me it is out of the norm), and was away by the 11th. It was also lighter than what I usually have, and my usual symptoms were much milder than normal. On the 8th (before AF arrived) I did a test, which was negative.

Then, this month I was due on the 5th and AF arrived on the 3rd... and was away by the 6th. This time, I had no symptoms... no cramps, no back pain, no sore boobs, no ulcer, no crabby mare... nothing.

Since, about Tuesday/Wednesday I have started to feel 'different'. I have had an increased appetite... and I am peeing like a racehorse (although, I generally do pee quite a lot, but this is just becoming ridiculous). I have had horrific headaches that come with dizziness, and felt 'twinges' in my abdomen area. I feel exhausted all the time, and have had some nausea. It started off, for the first few days, just coming at night but then the last few days it has come and gone all day, sometimes really mild and sometimes where I feel like I need to get somewhere that I can be sick (I haven't been sick though). I have also had a lot of discharge...

I'm not sure whether it is possible to the pregnant... I have had two AFs (Me and OH have done it since, but not when it has been the optimum time for conception), so do you think it could be possible?

I am planning on taking a test if I still feel the same tomorrow, or Wednesday, but I don't want to rush into it since last time I did it was negative. I know it is just easier to do a test, rather than wondering, but I don't want to jump the gun when it seems so unlikely that I am...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Oooh Test , test - it's def a possible one, and your mind will be going mad till you do test and know for sure The only other thing is that for some reason your cycle has changed which iis why it has been the same for two months now, but does seem strange as to why it's done that. Sorry I can't be more help and I hope you get the answer you want if you test - good luck

Oooh Test , test - it's def a possible one, and your mind will be going mad till you do test and know for sure The only other thing is that for some reason your cycle has changed which iis why it has been the same for two months now, but does seem strange as to why it's done that. Sorry I can't be more help and I hope you get the answer you want if you test - good luck

Thank you :)

I did a wee cheap test today, and I am pretty sure it was negative. I'm not a good line spotter though, people on here always see lines in the pics of tests and I never see them :roll: But I am 99% sure it was negative.

I'm going to get some more today, and then hopefully test tomorrow morning. I'm just going to get more cheap tests just now, and if they show nothing then it will confirm I'm not. If I think I see something, then I will get a brand.

I just don't understand why my cycles have changed, coz I am ridiculously regular every month... and I don't understand what is going on with me just now...

Last edited:

Thank you :)

I did a wee cheap test today, and I am pretty sure it was negative. I'm not a good line spotter though, people on here always see lines in the pics of tests and I never see them :roll: But I am 99% sure it was negative.

I'm going to get some more today, and then hopefully test tomorrow morning. I'm just going to get more cheap tests just now, and if they show nothing then it will confirm I'm not. If I think I see something, then I will get a brand.

I just don't understand why my cycles have changed, coz I am ridiculously regular every month... and I don't understand what is going on with me just now...

Piccie :).?

I don't have any pics of todays, but I will take some of tomorrows :)

I don't think I am though... I think I ovulated tonight... I'm not sure. I read about symptoms you can have when you are ovulating a good while ago, and I have never had any. Between my AFs I am always completely normal and the same throughout.... Yet, tonight I have had some minor cramping and the dates are right for me ovulating. But, I have also had some terrible constipation (sorry!) and my first thought was that it was just discomfort from that... :? but, I then thought that it could possibly be ovulation... :? It didn't last long, and did go after I went to the toilet... I just don't know what is up with me just now, I am just not right at all :roll: :roll:

Oh, this is driving me insane. I really don't think I am, I really truly don't... but I just can't shift this feeling I have, even though I think it is totally insane :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back