New to the Forum

Pinktink23

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Im new to the forum, my mum suggested i come onto a forum as i am the only one in my family having a baby, and its been a long time since my mum went through all this. I have a few friends who have had kids but i cant always trouble them as they are busy themselves. Plus it must be nice to know different people in the same position.

Im currently today 24 weeks 5days. I haven't so far had a great pregnancy its been nothing but stressful times. I lost my job and had to find a new one so i have been working so hard. i feel i may get more sleep when my baby is here. I have been with my Boyfriend almost a year now, it came a shock to us both when i found out. I would like to say hes been supportive but then again i could come out with some classic one liners of his and shock people. I guess we are both young and still learning about each other.

I found out im having a boy which i am over the moon about. Getting all the bits ready for him now and am looking forward to actually having him in my arms. The pregnancy in my mind has gone quick. I havent as yet though met my MidWife, which i am very dishearted about. Its my First baby and i dont really know what i am doing. I was told by the doctors when i called them i have Braxton hicks as i was in some pain. So atm im fighting a very moveable baby, Heartburn and breathing problems and Braxton hicks.

Thank you Guys for reading
Any advice on things would be great! :)
Hope to get to know you all more.
Alice

Welocme to the forum- you'll find it a wealth of advice but probably best if someone can move tho sot the introduction thread- your currently in tri 2 but very shortly to be in tri3 :)

You def need to get the midwife sorted as not only will they see you during pregnancy but afterwards as well :)

welcome xxxx

Welcome ! i am also new to the forum and joined this week to get some advice, i felt very welcome when i joined and i think im addicted to logging on and findng out whats new. Wish you lots of luck with your pregnancy xxx

Hey :wall2: Welcome to PF and congrats on team blue :yay:

Defo get a midwife sorted asap as you need regular check ups to check urine and occasionally blood too. Ask your surgery how you go about it and they'll send you in the right direction.

Was it your surgery that arranged your dating and anomoly scans?

Congrats again xxxx

Thanks for the replies ladies,
I have been looking on the other subjects in the forum and how found things out. My main search has been google that so far has been my midwife.

I have complained to my surgery to say i havent been in contact. ive been asigned a midwife but every appointment i have had so far they have cancelled i have a new one on Friday Morning so im hoping she doesnt cancel this time.

I may end up having to be a very annoid pregnant lady :shakehead: lol.

I have been having all my scans and everything has been fine with that, they have checked my bloods and unrine when i was there and all was fine. But as im getting bigger they now have passed me to the Midwife. Who really is useless! I guess its just keep nagging at them like i do my Boyfriend to wash up haha. :)

Hope your all well.
Alice

Hi hunny welcome to the forum, as the other ladies says, get your midwife sorted asap as its really important. You have came to the right place for advice anyway. Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy and if you ever need any advice I'm sure one of the ladies in here could give you plenty of advice xx

Sounds like your midwife needs a kick up the bum bum lol

At least you have been monitored throughout hun.

Congrats and welcome again xxx

Hi hunny welcome to the forum, as the other ladies says, get your midwife sorted asap as its really important. You have came to the right place for advice anyway. Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy and if you ever need any advice I'm sure one of the ladies in here could give you plenty of advice xx

Thanks Sammi... I'm hopefully seeing her Friday so i shall update. But i think she will get a shock when i see her as i will be having words and demands i wont be leaving that office until i get the answers i need. i feel sorry for the ladies who will be waiting.
Everything is fine with the baby though, i have been monitored at the hospital as i had problems right at the start. But altho he is small i have been told he is healthy. And with him kicking me every second of the day and placing his Gorgeous foot in my rib im reassured that hes ok. One thing i will mention though is WHY HEARTBURN... :shock: its painful and the stuff isnt working. Not cool. haha.
Thank you for the message i appreciate it... and look forward to getting to know all the ladies more. :)
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back