• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New to OPK's...help please

emsey

Reaction score
Ok, i know im probably being really stupid (im blaming lack of sleep for the past few nights) but when do you start using opk's? during your period? after? I feel incredibly foolish asking lol

I would say start using them about day 10 of your cycle and usually around day 14 you'll get some lines etc. At least thats how it works for me, we're all different though!

So for you, I would start around 30th May :)

Ps. Afternoon pee is best between 2-6pm.

Last edited:
maybe it is easy to check your cervical fluid (and temperatures) if the cervical fluid is eggwhite (clear and stretchy) consistency you are most fertile meaning ovulation would be there anytime soon. Such a shame to waste money on all the tests if you can check it for free (but that is just me)

Thanks guys, I know I'm being thick but my brain refuses to work today lol

I would say start using them about day 10 of your cycle and usually around day 14 you'll get some lines etc. At least thats how it works for me, we're all different though!

So for you, I would start around 30th May :)

Ps. Afternoon pee is best between 2-6pm.

^^WSS
i also check my CM and CP :)
i get my OPK's in a pack of 20 from ebay x

I get the cheapies too!! Except I start testing the day after my period finished...just incase I ovulate early, I don't want to miss it!!

xx

i started three days after af left and got posotive three days later so really early xx

I got told to start testing the day after af finishes just in case you ov early!! Goodluck!!

Well I started testing from day period finished and got my 1st positive OPK of this month on CD20!! Next month I won't start until CD10...save on the tests! But at least I have a better idea of when I ovulated. Worth using nearly all the tests to figure that out!! :)

xx

you don't OV the same day every cycle, just wanted to say that so you don't automatically think you will OV on cd20 again next month. (it could be the case but it doesn't have to be that way). I ov'd on cd 13 last month and day 15 this month. Usually I always have day 15 or 16 so last month was early.

Thanks Helen, LOL our bodies like to keep us on our toes!! :)
When I did OPKs a couple of months ago (only did 1 cycle) I ovulated on CD18. But my cycles are varying in length so I have decided to do them every month until I get my:bfp: now.

xx

I'm going to start OPK's this month. I know they have a buy one get one free in superdrug and also various HPT's. Got stocked up yesterday. Had to hide them from the husband. He just doesn't understand all the science bahinf ttc.

LOL my OH is constantly being bombarded by the scientific facts by myself. He even started asking if I had done my OPK and what the result was.

xx

LOL my OH is constantly being bombarded by the scientific facts by myself. He even started asking if I had done my OPK and what the result was.

xx

LOL It's best for me not to confuse my poor boy. He might get too obsessed with it all and go into brain overload, then i'll either be widowed or divorced!:lol:

Thanks for the help guys, ive decided to start the day after af leaves for the 1st month just to get my head around it lol I bought some cheapies from ebay so not too fussy how may i use :)

Hi,

This is our 1st month TTC and I will also be using OPK´s for the 1st time, quite interested in the results!

Hopefully it help us get preggies super fast!

This is going to be my first month using OPK's too, it will be interesting to see if I've just been getting my OV really wrong this whole time!

I have to say, on the OH/scientific topic, me and mine were talking about it last night and he went 'I'm starting to detest the words little swimmers and steady supply...can we think of new one's please?'...that really made me chuckle, its like talking to a 5 year old about Shakespeare trying to talk to him about the 'science' behind TTC!!!! Lol...
xxxx

lol...use all the really technical terms with him! He will soon like the words little swimmers again!! :lol:
xx

Lol OH's can be so funny. I tested from CD17 but then i normally have cycles from 36-38days. However this is my first month trying them and i ov at CD28! So either i'm going to have a 42day cycle or i usually have short 10LP and never knew about it! So i'll see if its a norm for me if i dont get preg this month x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back