Bfp opk

Amber8

Reaction score
Hi,

First time of using opk's after 7 months of no periods & think I have a positive opk, so excited!! On cycle day 18, would be great to start the new year with some great news. Trying not to get too excited though as I know it may take a few months.

Tried to post a pic of my opk to see if anyone could tell me if it's definately a bfp but stupid thing won't upload!

Thing is now do I not drink until I get my period just incase??

it is definateyl a positive opk if the scond line is darker than or as dark as the control line. unlike pregnancy tests - 2 lines do not mean a positive result.

regarding booze, a feww wont hust but i wouldnt go out and get trashed! if you balance it with healthy eating and taking folic acid (v important) it shouldnt be an issue. good luck.

Good luck and fingers crossed

Xx

Thanks itisbabytime & KMG. The lines are about the same, just done another & it's the same. When will I ovulate if I have got my bfp today? Very hard not to have a drink this time of year without raising people's suspicions which I dont want to do.

X

Hi Amber - congrats on your positive opk :) You should ovulate in the next couple of days - keep testing tomorrow too as I think you can get 2 days of +ive opks before ov. And GET BD-ing!! Also, have you checked if you've got egg white cervical mucus as that is also a sign. I agree with itisbabytime, have a couple of drinks but think of an excuse not to have any more - do you drive? Or just say you're on antibiotics or something? Anyway, have a very Happy Christmas and fx for the other type of bfp ;) xx

Thanks ceebee, I have slightly egg white cervical mucus but nothing too noticeable. Yeah I do drive, it's new years eve I'm worried about but I'll just take it easy.

Will be having a 'romantic' evening in tonight!

Sounds like you're good to go girl! Good luck :) xx

Merry Christmas.

Ok so I did another opk at 12 & got a positive, I've done another at 10pm & got negative. Is this normal, does it mean I should now ovulate tomorrow or Tuesday?

Hi Amber8 - sorry for delay, but been away.... I think it's not an exact science, but I found this

http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/ovulation-tests/opk-faq.htm

So, chances are you ov'd today.... I think the reason you got a positive and a negative in the same day is that your LH surge had finished by the evening (LH is the hormone that makes your ovary release the egg), so it's perfectly normal....

Hope you had a lovely Xmas and get a Happy New Year BFP :) xx

Thanks for the advice ceebee. Just waiting for my temperature to rise now to confirm ovulation, feel really nervous for some reason. Think I'm worried it won't rise & the tests were wrong.

Hope u had a lovely Xmas x

Not sure how accurate temping is. I've just started so I'll be in the same boat as you in a week or 2, hoping my temp will rise after ov.... It's all pretty stressful at times isn't it? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back