New to forum

JaysBaby

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm 24 and boyfriend and I have been TTC since February this year when I came off the pill I had been taking since September 2015 and had an implant since 2013.

I've been tracking my BBT for 3 cycles now and I don't think I am ovulating. I had been temping orally for the first 2 cycles but I don't sleep well to get the 'required' 3 hours before temping and I breathe through my mouth during the night. I started to temp vaginally last cycle and I found my chart is more accurate. I had a temp spike last cycle that I hadn't seen during the pervious cycles but the spike wasn't as substantial as many other charts I see.

I have made an appointment with the family planning team at my GP surgery for 15th August, earliest I could get :( I want to see if there's anything they can do to help check if I am ovulating or do something to get me ovulating.

I just feel really disappointed that it's my body that has prevented us getting pregnant so far. I am also making attempt to lose some weight to hopefully help speed things along. Boyfriend tells me I don't need to lose weight but I know that's what a doctor/nurse will say to me and he also says it's not my fault we're not pregnant yet but I can't help feeling that way.

Sorry for the long, rambling post but just in need of some support and chat with somebody in a similar situation.

xx

Welcome to the forums! You'll definitely find support here. :) Sorry to hear you're struggling with conceiving, hopefully you find out exactly what's going on from the doctor and you'll surely find some home remedies around here. Good luck on your journey. *hugs*

You might find opk testing more reliable than temping :)

Hey I'm the same as you Ttc since feb and I had come off the implant, I've heard from girls on here it can take up to six months to get back to normal so if nothing has hapoened this month I'm going to try opks as my doctor won't see us untill we have been trying for over a year. I'm also trying to loose weight and eat healthy as that's what has worked for friends. Good luck trying and try not to get to stressed out (I know cliché) there's always plenty of support on the forum. Xx

Hello and welcome! :D I agree with Kumba.. or if you want to do both? you can get some cheapie opk tests off the internet. Good luck with you ttc journey! hope its a short and sweet stay! xx

Thank you all for your replies :) I'm a teacher so now I've finished school for the summer break I'm hoping a stress free 7 weeks (extra long holiday this year) will help my body get back to some sort of normality. I am going to buy some OPK tests to try those. How exactly do they work? xx

Last edited:
OPKs test the level of LH in your body, it spikes and gives you a positive test when your egg is releasing from the ovum--which means you'll ov between 12-36 hours depending on when you catch your positive, some women ov the day of their positive. I don't know how much you're tracking your cycle, but SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) recommends you start testing at CD10. Good luck!

Another way to confirm ov is tracking your basal body temperature with a basal thermometer every morning before you get out of bed. Your temp drops for ov and gradually rises three days following ov. I've temped for two cycles and for me it's comforting to see that dip and rise, confirms my opks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back