New OLDER Mum - first time at this!

dibdob

Reaction score
Hello Ladies, :wave:
My name is Debs and I have just turned 38, and been married 11 months. (Our anniversary is in 3 week time!)
3 Weeks ago, hubby and I went away for a week, with an aim of 'trying for a baby'. Low and behold, my period is 6 days late where as I am usually like clockwork!
I did a test Monday, which came up positive straight away but it was given to me by a friend and I noticed its expiry date was Dec 2006!
So yesterday I brought a new test and did it last night. Again it came up very strongly positive so I take it ''we' are now pregnant! I am in shock that it happened so fast after our first 'real' planned attempt! Also bearing in mind that I am older.
I have sore boobs, hot and cold flushes, slight creamps and am very light headed. Feel a bit under the weather really and caught a cough too!
However I have rung the docs and going to see her on Friday for confirmation. According to dates I am due Feb 15th 2008, but will see what the doc says!
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone, as it would be nice to have somewhere to come and talk about this - it is all so new to me and I feel so inexperienced!! Scary but exciting! I hate not being able to tell anyone and having to keep quiet about it! :shhh:

Good luck to those of you trying to concieve and I hope those of you that are pregnant are finding it ok!!!!

Hiiya, welcome and congratulation on your pregnancy you will have to get a ticker now. :D

I am also an older mumtobe I'm 39 and pg with my 1st. We got married in April last year and got lucky but bubs in November (when I was 38) so very simular story apart from the fact that it took us a few months longer to get pg.

Welcome and congrats on getting you BFP so quick!! :hug:

hello and congratulations. I am also an older mum, am 40 and just had my 1st baby.

Thanks Ladies!
Hoping my new Ticker will be on this message!
Nice to hear from some older Mums....how was your pregnancy or if you are still pregnant, how are you feeling?
Be so glad to have some reassurance really!
:D

Many thanks ladies for your kind congratulations!
Lovely to meet you all, and hope we can go through this together!
Feeling rough this evening...blooming cough and hot and cold sweats!
Any remedies for relieving cough? Tried honey, lemon and hot water and whilst it tastes nice...it doesnt really help me! Will ask the doc on Friday, but if anyone has any tips that would be great!
What a WOOSIE...only 4 1/2 weeks pregnant and already whinging hahahaha! :roll:

Really want my bed, but got 15 years old students staying and they should have been home at 10pm, but its their last night and had a feeling they would play up and stay out late! TYPICAL! They don't know I am expecting, but prob wouldnt care anyway!
Might switch all the lights off and pretend we have gone to bed. :twisted:
Hubby being sensible though and said we can't, so I came here to moan!
Sleep well ladies!

:wave: Hiya, Congratulations again, I wish you a very happy and healthy pregnancy :D :hug:

Hello again Ladies!
:wave:
Anyone got any tips for a stupid cough????

Tried honey and lemon in hot water, but does nothing for me :(

Will ask the doctor tomorrow, when I got to get my pregnancy confirmed!
But would love something to help me this evening, as coughing like a good un last night when I went to bed!

Thanks!

How is everyone today?

:wave: welcome and congrats!
i loved being pregnant (until the last week anyway) i kinda miss it already! but i love being a mum even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back