New Job!

shadybabyxxx

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me here! I have just started a new job and discovered I am 14 weeks pregnant. I am very worried I will lose my job and need advice on what to do. In the UK can they sack me?

I really love my job and worked hard to get here, I don't expect Mat Pay but would like to think I have a job to come back to!

Can anyone help me?!

xx

I started a new job when i was 13 weeks (although i did know and didnt tell them :oops: ) Told them at 19 weeks and was so scared they would sack me. They had no problems at all as they think im great for the job and have offered me to come back :)
I suppose this could work either way. Also they cannot legally sack you for being pregnant...i assume if your job contained loads of risks towards baby they would probaly tell you its unsuitable for you. I am still on 6 months probation and wont have finished it b4 i leave, which means they could have found a different reason to get rid of me...but didint. I think you may be pleastantly suprised.

They cant sack you it would be discrimination if they did and if they have any sense they wouldnt even try and sack a pregnant lady because you could then screw them for all they're worth! You will receive maternity allowance and you will get to have your job back as long as your back within the time limit (sorry I dont know how many months your allowed) :) I did the same my boss has admitted she wouldnt of kept me if she knew at my interview but now I have had chance to prove my worth she is happy with it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back