• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New in Second trim and when to tell at work??

Alexia

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it is so great to move to the second trimesters such a hugh step!! Finally we have had our first scan, last Thursday, and can now happily tell family and friends our greant news.. :cheer:

I have a question and would like some advice from you experienced ladies. When do you tell at work? I know for sure it will not be any issues but still what is the norm? Sorry don't really have any friends that have been pregnant here in UK or anyone to really refer to.. I have moved here from the Nordics for my dear partner.. Thanks very much for your help.
Alex x

Thanks very much for the link a really good webpage! Alex x

Hi there! You need to check with your HR dept at work (if you have one) and ask their advice. I had to tell my manager at about 7 weeks as I was so ill all the time, and then ended up being off for about 6 weeks with nausea. I didn't tell the rest of my team until 12 weeks though. Depending on the sort of work you do, you may or may not need to have a risk assessment done. I had this done about 12 weeks. I then had to give 15 weeks notice of the date I want to start my maternity leave (so I told them last week as I want to finish at 37 weeks.

All depends on where you work and what their policies are.

HTH
x

Thanks very much for all great tips. I will def check with our HR department what they recommend. Like to tell my manager don't know why just can't get myself to do it.. If I don't tell her this week i will not get a chance until late August which feels a bit unfare. Can't believe I am this indecisive. :oops: Take care Alex x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back