Problems at work

Candygirl

Reaction score
This might be a long one/...

I work for a company whereby myself and a collegue run an account.
Problem is our team leader doesnt know the account. She has had many an opportunity to learn the desk but because we are so thorough she hasnt (yes I am blowing my own trumpet) :lol:

When I found out I was pregnant I was terribly sick with MS and was off work for about 2 weeks. At the time, my collegue was booked off with depression and I offered to work from home a few times for URGENT stuff only. After that, my team leader started expecting me to work from home whenever I was off and I eventually got fed up and had a meeting with her to tell her how unhappy I was that I was under so much pressure and that I was actually doing them a favour by working from home (I was booked off by the doctor so shouldnt have even signed in from home). She basically said that it would never happen again and she would make a concerted effort to learn the desk so that if anything hppened again she would be able to pick it up.

My dear collegue found out a couple of weeks ago that she is also pregnant. She has had an aweful time as she thought she miscarried as she started bleeding and her doc wouldnt help her. She eventually went for a private scan on saturday and they told her that the pregnancy is still there and the sac is not a funny shape so it looks fine but as she is still so early she needs to go back in a weeks time so that they can see if its alive. She is now also suffering from terrible morning sickness.
I am on 2 weeks holiday now (back to work on 10th Dec) and she has just texted me to say our team leader is not happy cos she told her she is not feeling well enough to be there and is under a lot of pressure to be there as I am on holiday. She has now gone home but the team leader said to her "great now Im stuffed".

I dont want to answer my phone in case its her asking me to postpone my holiday and come in cos she cant cope. I shouldnt have to as I am entitled to my holiday and its not my fault that they are short of resource and she didnt learn the desk when she had every opportunity especially after what happened last time.

I am so annoyed and feel so bad for my poor collegue. She has been through so much and doesnt need the extra stress and pressure.

Right, rant over - I feel better now that Ive got it all out!

That is SO rubbish.

First of all, your number one priority is YOU and YOUR BABY - which is why the doctor signed you off in the first place. No matter who is now pregnant / depressed / off sick at work OR how much your supervisor whinges, you need to put yourself first (this is what I was told today by my doctor anyway).

Take care and try to chill out :hug:

Some advice I was given which has really helped today as there have already been 5 phone calls and an email is not to have ANYTHING to do with work - my husband called them to let them know I was off and everything now goes through him.

Don't let them make you more stressed hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks hun :hug:

I told my collegue not to worry as they will just have to deal with it and she needs to look after herself.

Just think its so out of order that we are made to feel bad about not being there when its their fault that they dont have anyone else to cover. I have been telling them for a year and a half now that they need to cross train people so we dont have a resourcing problem....maybe now they will listen to me??

That's not fair, it's the team leaders problem if she doesn't know what she's doing. She can't expect you to give up your holiday or work when sick, it's not fair. As for your friend, she has enough on her plate as it is without your team leader breathing down her neck, it's only going to make her more stressed. I hope she feels better soon. And don't be afraid to answer the phone and tell her you are not coming in when you're on holiday, it's wrong if she's even thinking about it. :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Definately don't go back from holiday early. It's your team leaders problem, she probably earns more than you cos it's her job to sort out any problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back