New Baby and visitors

Im looking forward to showing off the baby as much and soon as possible... maybe im strange! Im expecting everyone to be visiting the same day and it doesn't bother me... i know how excited i would be if it was another member of the family having a baby lol x

Im like this too. I cant wait for bubs to arrive - and im sooo looking forward to showing her off!! lol

It might take my mum & dad a couple of days to get up cos they stay a few hours away, but my aunt and inlaws are just round the cornere, so i expect they'll be here pretty quick - especially as its in-laws first grandchild.

Im hoping to go to midwife unit - and have no idea what the visiting rules there are like lol.

xxx

Girls the day I gave birth I had my mum and dad and brother and Jamie's mum, dad and sister up. It meant that from the time he was born I got no time to rest or sleep. Come the night time when everyone left the ward was so noisy I got no sleep. When we got home our closest friends and Jamie's brother all came over the first few days. I can honestly say it was a mistake as we had no time to just settle in. If I could go back I'd have no visitors other than mums and dads for the first week, its exhausting!!! Xxx

Last edited:
If I give birth naturally I won't mind people coming to my house asap but will be very wary of who I let hold baby before he's had his jabs etc, plus OH's brother and friends all smoke.

If I have a c-section and end up stuck in hospital for 3 days I work there so I'm gonna get everyone to come up and visit to get it out of their system while I'm there.

I won't be afraid to say no to people visiting. I remember it being hard enough to try and wake up when the midwife/health visitor was knocking on the door last time.

it's really interesting to read all the different views on this. I just realised it maybe depends on who's visiting. Like i know my folks will prob try to get up to us ASAP - but i wouldnt feel id need to do anything for them - the morning of our wedding my mum was cooking while my gran was washing the dishes that i'd left lying from the day before - so i can imagine they'd be more of a help than a hindrence, but i might feel like MIL would be in the way. oops.
xxx

im looking forward to seeing who actually has the nerve to try and turn up pretending theyre my friend just to coo over my baby. of all my so called friends there are only 2 that i have even seen more than once during pg and only those 2 that have actually got in touch or seen me on purpose so anyone other than them will get told to push off. family are more than welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back