Too many visitors

Penstraze

Reaction score
A few weeks ago my Dad confirmed him, his wife and my baby brother would be coming down for a week on the 19th of august which is great I have only seen my brother once since he was born and miss my Dad loads cant wait to see them all they're not staying with me and will be 36 weeks then and only just starting my maternity leave so is good timing not too near due date but gives me something to do on maternity. Then my sister said she wants to come to stay with me with my nephew who will be 1 in October, I miss them both loads and am so excited to see them so thats also great shes coming last weekend of august so will be 38 weeks pregnant and could technically go into labour whilst shes here which would be abit of a nightmare in alot of ways but not the end of the world I actually think it would be a nice distraction in the early stages when Im at home to have her and my nephew to distract me from the pain but I think baby will be late not early anyway.
What does start to be a worry is my friend also wants to come down not staying with me but in a b&b coming on the 2nd or 3rd sept til 5th/6th Im due on the 12th and I really really dont want to go into labour whilst shes here I love her dearly and shes my best friend has been for years so feel bad saying this but I just couldn't cope with her whilst I was in labour she doesn't mean to be but she can be quite pushy and take over things her way is always the right way and I think she would expect to come to hospital with us too when I just want it to be me and DH I'd also feel bad then that she was stuck in b&b with no transport and if baby came when she was here I think she'd be tempted to stay longer and DH is adament whilst hes on his two weeks paternity leave he wants it to just be me him and baby so we can get to know each other as a family and make the most of it etc which I totally agree with! I think the likelyhood is I wont go early and then it will be nice to have all these visitors to stop me from being sat at home borred and frustrated for my maternity leave but I also find having people visiting quite tiring especially my friend cause shes alergic to my dog and its a nightmare trying to keep him away from her and keep the house hoovered loads to try and keep dog hairs to a minimum, but I haven't seen her for months it would be great to see her and she's having problems and needs to get away from home and to talk to me so I can't ask her not to come and with everyone else visiting I can't even ask her to come earlier. I just hope baby is on time that way all visits will be out the way and I will get a week to relax by myself and get ready before baby makes her entrance! :lol:

Sorry for long post that doesn't really have much point just wanted to write down my worries makes me feel beter lol, does anyone else not live near family and suddenly become popular nearer their due date? Funny how no ones visited before really durring this pregnancy :think: :rotfl:

I think it's very sweet of them to visit. Like oyu mention, it gives you something to do in your maternity leave, and something to make the weeks pass quicker! Plus I'm sure they will be happy to pamper you with anything you need help doing! :) (My Mum stayed last weekend, I popped out to work and by the time I'd come back she cleaned the kitchen, bathroom and done the washing up!)

I'm going to visit my family out of town in two weeks time. It's one of my nephews 2nd birthday on 1st August, and although my Mums Birthday is on the 17th, I don't want to be travelling down there then - so staying for 1st-2nd and hope to see my brother and his kids, my Dad and my Nan, and that's it til baby comes! (My Mum is welcome to come over here for her birthday but I'm not very mobile!)

Even if you did go in to labour while any of them are staying, I'm sure they would be happy to keep as near or far as you want them, and you'll have lots of love and support around you :hug:

Geez, you are definately not going to be alone much towards the end of your pregnancy then! :) I don't blame your DH for wanting it to be just you, him and baby during his paternity leave. I feel the same way, the first 2 weeks are important as you all need to get time to bond and to get to know one another.
I don't really have much advice except that you should let your friend know before she visits that there is a chance you'll have the baby while she is there and that you & hubby will want to be alone with the baby if that happens. I am sure she will understand. :hug:

xjoann said:
Geez, you are definately not going to be alone much towards the end of your pregnancy then! :) I don't blame your DH for wanting it to be just you, him and baby during his paternity leave. I feel the same way, the first 2 weeks are important as you all need to get time to bond and to get to know one another.
I don't really have much advice except that you should let your friend know before she visits that there is a chance you'll have the baby while she is there and that you & hubby will want to be alone with the baby if that happens. I am sure she will understand. :hug:
What she said!!

She will understand, but you should just tell her now so you can stop worrying about it :hug:
I'm sure it'll all be fine, very best wishes :hug:

Thanks Girls :hug: yeah think I need to make sure my friend knows if I go in labour it will be just me and DH at hospital and although of course she will be able to see baby whilst shes here it will have to be a short visit as the first two weeks are about me DH and baby getting used to being a little family! If I have told her before she books how things will be I wont feel so bad about her being here and on her own or something if it does happen, I have already warned her I wont have a car and she will have to make her own way to my house and not expect lots of day trips as I wont be up to it, but I find it so hard to say I don't want you at the labour without hurting her feelings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back