New and quite confused!

CalicoBec

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just joined this site and i'm hoping that someone can give me some advice really. My partner and I are trying to have a baby and i don't know if what i'm feeling is just my wish to be pregnant more than actually being pregnant. I'm going to explain everything that relates to my current state of mind, so i'm sorry if it's too long lol here goes:

Ok first up, I'm a plus size woman, I do not have regular periods, and haven't for years (and although this could be due to me being over weight, the docs have yet to find out why they are so irregular). So anyway the last period I had ended around the 12th (ish) of december and i've not had one since, nothing unusual cos i can go for months without a period. However, I feel tired all the time, i was getting a metalic taste in my mouth (is that a symptom??) no morning sickness, my skin has been playing up, it keeps getting red and itchy. My boobs feel a bit bigger (that could be in my head though), and i normally suffer with migranes but a week or so ago I had the worst one i've ever had in my life and normally there is at least a month till the next one, but last night and this morning i am again suffering a small one. I did take a pregnancy test a few weeks ago which was neg, but could that have been too early? Also, I was pregnant before (lost the baby) and the urine test didnt' work on me at all, and i have read that on some women they never work. I thought about going to the docs but the tests they use are the same as the ones we buy so I can't see the point?

Anyway, I guess it all sounds like wishful thinking but i'm not at the desperate stage yet, only just started trying lol i'm just really confused cos I feel like something is different but the test said neg and while i think i have some symptoms, there are some big ones missing (like morning sickness for example) So maybe i'm just under the weather? lol Also being a plus size women its not really that easy to 'feel' for a bump, obviously now we are trying for a baby i'm on a diet lol but cant' shed the weight overnight.

Gah, I could go round and round in circles, so really please someone give me some rational advice lol

Hey hun,

It could be possible that you're pregnant. As you say, some of the urine tests never work for some women but if you go to your GP they'll take a blood test and check your hcg levels and that will give you a definitive answer.

Welcome to the forum :hug:

i agree with hannah, docs will do a blood test and you will know for sure

good luck xx

Thanks Hannah and Becky, I think you are right, I should go and see the docs and get a blood test rather than a urine one, I will try and go on weds (only day i can now) and see if they can do one or arrange one.

Fingers crossed! :)

welcome to the forum, hope you get your bfp

Well I went to the docs on Weds, i was having a blood test anyway so I asked if they could check for pregnancy too. They have put it on the test but the dr told me that if my hcg levels are low to not show up a home test then it most likely means that the pregancy (if there is one) isn't a viable one, then she went on to lecture me about my weight and spoke to me like i'm an idiot. I guess she's right, why would someone who isn't the norm want kids or have feelings :( I'm pretty bummed about the whole thing, I'm probably NOT pregnant i know that, but I really wish I was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back