New and (already) confused

Bienvenue

Reaction score
Hello All

I'm new here and already obsessed - and confused. Sorry if I don't use all the acronyms correctly, I had to look up the most common ones!

I am not sure where to post this, as this is an introduction, a rant, a discussion of 2WW and questions at the same time! Sorry for the long post !

We've been TTC for the past 4 month - in a rather relax way at first as I realised our timing was all wrong (DH works abroad part of the time so we can't always choose). I am now taking part in a TTC medical trial, which requires me to chart my ov (with OPK) every month and start testing for pregnancy from DPO8. This is my second cycle doing that.

I am now DPO 10, have tested the last two days and got to BFN.
I am testing with Boots digital.
Promsided, I did not take the test apart :oooo: (I have to use the reader everyday, with a different stick) but when I took the stick off the reader this morning, I noticed for the first time a faint second line. This had not happened the past two days or testing my previous cycle.

Now I know that digital are different, and that you can't read the lines on them as you do with others. However I have only seen that for ClearBlue, so maybe Boots are different? I also wonder because this has not happened before, althought the tests were working fine. But I have also taken an OPK, as I had read on here that it could be a good sign if it was positive, and it came back negative :mad:.

Well I guess now I just have to wait and see (I am still 5 days before AF) but would be cool if anybody had insights on the Boots digital and the second line that has never been there...

And hope to talk more to you soon, this seems like a really nice community!

Hey :wave:

Welcome to PF :)

Just to wish you lots of luck on your TTC journey & hope you get a nice lil sticky bean soon :clover:

:dust: :dust:

xxx

Hiya Bienvenue!!

Welcome to the Forum!

I am not really too sure on the Boots digital tests so I can't really comment but I would assume they worked the same way as CBD maybe?? I could be wrong off course.

FX for your BFP.

X

Hi,

welcome to PF, i cant help with the boots tests never used one but didnt want to read and run, hope it is good news for you xxx

Hello Bienvenue

Some of the other ladies on here have more experience with the different testing kits than me but I just wanted to wish you good luck for a BFP this month!!

xxx

Hey! Nice to see some answers already! :wave:

I think I'll splurge on some non-digital this afternoon, just because, y'know, I'm not obsessed enough already ...Also I try to convince myself that DPO 10 is too early for digital, and that the new appearance of a second line, is, well, something new, worth investigating further

(right...

:poas: )

Good luck to all! xxx

sorry im not much help.. just want to wish you al the best and hoping you get some answers soon!!x

Great to hear from all! Is anyboday testing tomorrow? Or, errr...this afternoon?

Hey and welcome

Never used the boots digital myself but if you look on the peeonastick.com, they have lots about the digital tests and how they work.

Hope the second line is a good sign, the medical trial sounds very interesting :)

Thanks Nurse 26!

I had a look at peeonastick (for some reason, the name :lol: makes me think of an exotic bird!) and I have to say that the answer does not look to good for me, as a second line is absolutely not enough to confirm a pregnancy.

But hey, I'll take comfort in the fact that at least now there is a second line for the electronic reader to read, as opposed to nothing before.

In fact I just had another look at the test, and maybe I was a bit carried away. The line is very very faint. :wall2:

Yes, the med trial is really interesting. It measures, among other things, the occurence and risks associated with delayed implantation.

oooh that is very interesting, i was reading something before online about delayed implantation sometimes not being a good thing.

Dont worry about getting carried away we ALL do it, its part of the crazy TTC ride :) but we are all here to keep each other sane

PF is addictive :)

It is addictive !

Taking part in the research study has been very good for me, as it has forced me to learn a bit more about my cycle and days of ov. I can't believed how ignorant I was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back