Nesting?

Cherrycola

Reaction score
Anyone else still waiting for their nesting instinct to kick in? Mine is non-existent. There is so much I want to get done before baby arrives but I have no energy. I have a week of holiday leave from work before I start mat leave next week, my DD is at nursery today so it would have been the perfect day to actually get stuff done but all I want to do is sit on the sofa and eat. As of next week my DD is only going to be at nursery one day, leaving me with very little time to get anything done around the house.

Anyone got any tips to help motivate me? x

Hmmmm I am the opposite, I just need to clear the cupboard under the stairs and my wardrobe and then our home is clutter free....well ish DH needs to sort out the shed but I draw the line at sorting through his tools and machinery, plus I would never hear the end of it!

Maybe if you start on the smaller tasks it may get you going? xx

I never got the nesting instinct with DD and so far havent with this one either.
Im not really bothered though, as long as the essentials are done thats all that matters.
Our house will most likely be a disaster area when lo arrives as we are going to be getting our kitchen extended and re fitted!

I need a bit of your motivation Karate Kid, the things that I really want to do are things like clearing out cupboards and other stuff round the house that I have been putting off. I feel terrible as OH has done his part by clearing out our attic. Think I need to make a list and like you say start with the smaller easy tasks x

Last edited:
I need a bit of your motivation Karate Kid, the things that I really want to do are things like clearing out cupboards and other stuff round the house that I have been putting off. I feel terrible as OH has done his part by clearing out our attic. Think I need to make a list and like you say start with the smaller easy tasks x

Even if you don't get it done sweetie, don't worry LO won't notice!x

I never got it when pregnant with my ds but I seem to have gone into overdrive this time!i seem to find the smallest things and have to do it!!i got so upset Sunday bcoz the boot sale was cancelled and I wanted to get rid of all the crap we have cleared out! I know what I've got left on my things to do list but I know I'll find more along the way!!!

I think my nesting instinct is only just starting to kick in. I wanna get things done, but I'm struggling to get the energy together to do them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back