Nervous :/

HeppiBean

Reaction score
Am meeting with the mental health midwife tomorrow and I've got myself in a tizz worrying about it. I'm kinda expecting it to be like seeing a psychiatrist again but I'm not sure... And I'm terrible at explaining how I feel and ALWAYS make it sound like I'm fine when really I'm not... I don't want her to just think of me as being hormonal when I think it might actually be a bit worse, unless hormones really make you feel this bad... ARGH! I don't know.... :cry:

Has anyone else had to see a mental health midwife? A bit of warning for how intense it's gonna be would be really handy right now... :(

hope u get on ok hun just take it as it cums a would think' never even heard 1 so not any good for u what to expect x

Hope it goes ok hun, I would just be honest with her in how you are feeling/coping. She's there to help you not make you feel worse. Big hugs

Well, all been and done and it went fine :) She was really nice and was very understanding, I've been referred over to the local psychiatric team to do an assesment as she thinks it could be something along the lines of Bipolar or BPD and is shocked that my gp hasn't done more to help me in the past. :) Should get a letter with an appointment date in the next few weeks :) xx

I have no experience in this. I would think that they would be specially trained to know the difference between hormones and other issues. Just tell her/him the truth about how you feel and I am sure will be professional and understanding. Good luck honey x

I have no experience in this. I would think that they would be specially trained to know the difference between hormones and other issues. Just tell her/him the truth about how you feel and I am sure will be professional and understanding. Good luck honey x

Might have missed my last post, but I went and she doesn't think it is hormones... She was really nice and has referred me to a psychiatrist. x

Hey hunni, glad your appointment went well. You did the right thing by telling her how you're feeling. Hope the assessment goes well and you get the support you need x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back