Need your surport..

Jadie

Reaction score
I am not going to feed Oliver when he wakes up tonight. I know he is not hungry. He is having 3 meals a day and countless boob thoughtout the day.

I have given him water in the past, it worked two nights, then he realised and did not go back to sleep. So I fed him, I have tried not feeding him but gave in after a hour. I only let him feed for a minute but even this made him settle.

tonight my DH is away so i am going to really try and not feed him as its only me that will be up! Any tips??? Olive ris not use to waiting for things!!

Jadie

Hi Jadie

If Oliver sometimes feeds for a minute and then settles he's only looking for the comfort. You could try stroking his face/head, sh-shing him, singing a lulaby etc to help settle him without the boob.

I am hoping to try to settle Olivia without a dummy/boob in the next week or so but am too tired to try tonight!

Good luck, we're here to support you!

Lucy

Brody was also waking for the comfort, when I started giving him a bottle in his cot, without lifting him out, he stopped waking in the night.

Will he take a bottle at all? Expressed maybe?

ah good luck hun!

its hard work and can be very upsetting but i thought it was worth it.

i would suggest having a dvd or something you can watch on hand to try to take your mind of it a bit. i fyou are just sat listening to the cry it can be really awful an you just want to rush in and grab them.

we did it at about 3 months as he wouldnt go to bed alone. had to asleep in our arms before we could put him down. we always go back in every five minutes or so, stroke his hair and comfort him a little then leave again. (said the same thing each time)

the first night he cried for half an hour (the longest of my life!) the scond about 15 mins , the third 5 mins!

we then had to do it again when he started waking in the night a couple of months later. its so much harder in the middle of the night but we knew he was capable of going through the night, had upped his food and milk in the day etc. i just realy did not want him getting back into the habit of feeding in the night or being picked up in the night.

again he stopped after a while and very rarely wakes in the night!

and i have always been greeted by big smilesin the morning even if he has been left to cry so i guess he forgives me!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

urchin said:
Brody was also waking for the comfort, when I started giving him a bottle in his cot, without lifting him out, he stopped waking in the night.

Will he take a bottle at all? Expressed maybe?

He will take a bottle, gave him water at one and he settled. This was early for him to wake. At 4 i gave him boob but not for long. I will give him water tonight when ever he wakes. Is it ok to feed them laying down then?

My friends baby would not even go in his cot last month, now he is sleeping all night as she has left him to cry so I know it works with hard work and ear plugs!!

Hi

I tried Kiara when she was 6 months and it was the best thing i ever did she wakes up once in a while but goes right back down.
I took the feeding away first had a few very long nights of long crying fits then a few weeks later i threw all her soothers away now she goes with no night feed and no soother.! Good luck hun
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarniReid
Back