Reducing breast feeding to 2x daily?

Hypnorm

Reaction score
As ewan is approaching 6 months i was thinking of giving him formula during the day and to give him a breast feed in the morning and last thing. would i have to give him both breasts am and pm? or just one am and pm?? as he still wakes during the night for a feed too??
Not sure how to do it or should i let him wean him self?
He just doesn't seem satisfied after a breast feed now....
help!

Rubie is only 5 weeks and I have started doing this as she never seemed full. The only problem is that now I have cut a lot of her feeds out, I don't seem to have hardly any milk...

I breast fed my first for about that long too, and also gave up eventually because I just wasn't filling him up.

Personally I would think about the times of day when a breastfeed is more convenient.
Last thing at night I would recommend a bottle, as it will fill him up more and help him sleep longer, then maybe and night/early morning feeds you can breastfeed so you still don't have to get up and heat a bottle.

As far as weaning from one to the other...I would give it a go going right into the routine, then if your boobs get big and sore in the daytime either exress a little bit or feed him a bit to ease it off. Pretty soon your boobs will get used to making just the right amount anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back