need to see doctor after 20 week scan. anyone know why?

gemmamckinley

Reaction score
hi

just came back from hospital expecting my 20 week scan. appointment was for 10.40, but when i got there the werd clerk told me the only appointment i had today was a double apointment at 3pm, which included 20 week scan and meeting with the doctor. i was never informed of this, so they must have changed times without informing me. i am just a bit curious as to why i need to see doctor aswell as i didnt with my first. do you think it could be because i had a c-section with abi, and i fell pregnant only 10months after she was born?

anyways i will let you know when i get back. just wondered if anyone else had a double appointment when they went for 20 week scan.

thanks
gemma

Yes it is because of previous section - I am under doctor lead care now for the same reason. Nothing to worry about

Funny that, I had an emergency section before with a few complications.. going into labour 6 weeks early etc etc.. but I've not seen the doctor any more times than I should. In fact, since my first meeting with MW way back in the early weeks, and my two scans at 12 weeks and 20 weeks, I've not seen anyone and wont do until 27th Jan, another appt with MW. MW told me that she is due to see me every 4 weeks but as my scan has fallen in the same week as MW appt she has cancelled appt in favour of someone else who needs the appt more than me.. I thought it was pretty normal to be left to your own devices, esp. on a second child but I havent been carefully monitored because of my previous section.... I'm getting a little worried now.. lol. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back