Need to Rant!

maldives

Reaction score
About my weight!

I know I am not that fat but I was really skinny before my last pregnancy. Now I weigh 73 Kg and I am pregnant again so didn't have the chance to excercise and tone up as I was planning. I bought alot of beautiful clothes online before knowing I got pregnant and now I can wear 1/4 of them only!!
I was planning to lose all the weight before I get pregnant again. now I am being very careful in what I eat + I am more active than last pregnancy as I have a baby.
I got an advice one and I think I may follow it now! that as long as I would like to have kids, I don't need to bother about losing the weight and once I am done having kids I could start losing.
I am nearly 26 and pregnant with my second and would love to have 4-6 kids! so if i kept having them every year I would have them all by the age of 30!! and then have enough time to lose wight and look sexy again.
any one agree?? I just want to feel better about my stupid weight and LOOK! the problem is, during my teenage years I used to weigh the same as I do now but looked bettet. now I am saggy every where :( how can I make this feel better?

So sorry for the long rant but I can't get this off my head and I need to do so to care about my baby and my self as well!!

I'm in the same boat Maldives, I weigh 10 stone, when we started TTC I promised myself I would lose a stone before I got pregnant which takes me to my happy weight. Now I'm PG (which I'm really happy about!!!) I'm not going to have the chance to do that which means it's another stone I have to lose afterwards :( I am really going to try and be active and eat well during my pregnancy... After the carrot cake I'm eating though :lol:

Congrats on your BFP :)

As I've explained before your body needs about a year between babies to recover from the previous pregnancy and replenish all its stores of vitamins etc. Pregnancy drains your body so having a year between pregnancies ensures your body is in a decent state for the next one. Thats not just for you but for baby also.

As you are pregnant so soon after your first your body hasn't yet had time to recover fully. And if you plan on keep having your children so close together then your body will be drained more and not have time to recover fully again. The more babies you have, the more chance there is your body will get out of its normal shape. Having time between them can again allow you time to get some strength back in your tummy muscles etc.

Things like boobs may well just get worse and have more sag the more children you have. Also your stomach muscles will generally weaken having more children and a wobbly tummy may be hard to shift (hell I'm having problems losing my tummy after my first so goodness knows how it will be if we have a second :lol: )

I personally don't hold much in having so many children so close together but if its what you want to do and are able then go for it. I'm of the thinking I want to give my body time to recover between pregnancies and to be in shape for the next one so as to give my next baby the best possible start by my being in good nick and stocked up on vitamins etc that baby will need from me. Also one pregnancy after another like that in short succession can possibily put your body under strain and cause possible problems later on.

I just think there are many things to consider health wise for you and any possibly future children. Its not just a case of popping them out one a year but also of being fit and well to care for them all and yourself. And having time to enjoy each child when small. So many children so close together would be a huge ask of your body. And caring for children while almost continually pregnant with the next would also be pretty exhausting I'd think.

I've cared for familes with 4 and 5 children before. Lovely to have so many kids, don't get me wrong, large familes can be wonderful but it is hard work. There is no let up as one of the children always needs/wants something. Or there are meals to cook, washing to do, children to read to, help with homework, have time for a cuddle or a talk. Its endless and only quiet when the last one is in bed. Then you fall into your own and hope you get a lie in till 6am when the youngest wakes and gets up and wakes you :lol: :roll:

Hun I so feel the same.

Im a size 12 so not fat, but before I was pregnant with my first I was a small 12/large 10. I put on 3 stone in my first pregnancy :oops: and lost a stone and a half instantly. I managed to get rid of another half a stone, but I couldnt seem to get any further. So I really had a stone to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight but I wont be losing that now! Im just praying I dont put on as much as 3 stone in this pregnancy, as if I follow the same pattern as before I will be 2 stone heavier than my pre first pregnancy weight!!!!! But if its gonna happen its gonna happen. I will try and eat healthy (ish) and I know im more active because I have a toddler to look after but the first trimester has been totally written off cos all ive managed to eat is pure crap due to my morning sickness!!!!!!!!!!

At the end of the day, we can deal with our chubs once our babies are born, I think we should eat well, be happy and concentrate on nurturing healthy bubbas, and worry about the fatness later!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

First of all thanx all for ur replies! I never thought any one would reply as my post was messy as I felt soo terrible and mad about my self. :rotfl:

ellie-I know how u feel, I was the same as well with my first. I have some kilos I wanted to lose after gaining it during my honeymoon and every month I promised my self to lose it and never did till i fell pregnant. now i am in a complete different shape LOL pregnancy changes u alot. I really hope u don't end up like me eating all sort of junky and putting on piles of weight thinking (oh its ok i am not fat this is the baby and once i give birth i will lose it all) :rotfl: it never happens!

Sherlock- Thanks, I agree with u my body needs to recover but i've mentioned this in other posts that it wasn't planned! I was stupid no taking extra care in contraception methods. I know i am crazy but i think of having a tummy tuck once im done having kids :shhh: Actually I was thinking the day i found i was pregnant that it's best to wait till my LO starts to walk then i can ttc again happily but this was a total surprise! infact it still doesn't show as a strong positive! maybe my body wasn't prepared for it. any way, i can do nothing, now i am pregnant and have to face it. I even went for a dentist appointment today and got my teeth checked and cleaned.
Sherlock I wish I was as wise as you :hug:

Jaidy - I agree we should think about our babies, but will it do them any good if we had pringles, mcdonalds, chocolate bars, ice cream LOOL :rotfl: I doubt it. we always say we'll eat healthy but we end up with all this junk.
at least this time i will be more active same as u as i have a baby :shock: and i am soooo determined not to gain more than 10 kg LOL! have u kept a journal of ur last pregnancy? wish i has at least i would've known how many kg's i gained during each week! :doh:

That's a brilliant idea Maldives I'm going to keep a journal cos my hopes are for 3 or 4 children so I would like to be able to compare pregnancies. Got to be quick though I'll be 30 before this one! xxx

Hi Ellie.
I've started a weight journal already. no weight gain yet :lol: I am also planning for at least 4 kids. u don't have to rush though ur still young, but its nice to have them close together as well.
good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back