need some housewifey advice?

trixipaws

Reaction score
my boyf has a shirt which is black, with white collar and cuffs. i put it in a dark wash the other day (40 degrees) with a pair of his black jeans and i think they'v run :doh: the collar and cuffs now look dirty, bluish-grey type of white.

how can i get them white again, or are they a write-off? the shirt is dry now, btw. oh, and my boyf has sensitive skin prone to excema(sp?) so i cant use biological detergent or anything like that.

is there any hope for his shirt?! lol

Nah you can't use bleach because of the black on the rest of the shirt. My advice would be to dump your OH because quite frankly that shirt sounds awful :shock: Only joking, throw the shirt out, break the news to him gently and buy him a piano tie to say sorry :D

Not really. It'll stay that colour just fade a bit on the cuffs and collar with washing over time.

try washing it with colour catcher. you can some times buy things in supermarket by the stain removing things for removing colour runs.

Can you use Vanish with out him coming out in a rash? It so spray that on the collar and cuffs and sponge it and rish under the tap before washing again.

If you cant do that - I've never done it, but my MIL (and she is a full time housekeeper for some rich Texan Oil barron so she knows all the tricks) said to try mixing lemon juice (fresh) and salt into a paste and scrub it on the collar and cuffs, let it dry in the sun, then wash as normal.... the lemon juice acts as a natural bleach

sarahH, iv got salt, iv got lemon juice- but i got no sun! :doh: can i hold it under a light or near a radiator instead? :lol:

my mum's offered to take it and see what she can do with it, so i think ill just take her up on it! lol thanx tho everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back