need some advise asap re my toe op... :l

lozzi

Reaction score
right, well when i was in theatre when he was doing in the doc just said

"on Saturday just removed all the bandaging and packing (gauze in the wound :shock: ) and leave it to heal on its own"

so i just spent the past hour nearly throwing up and in a lot of pain, and now there is blood every were...

i rang the medical centre and they said shudnt a nurse be doing that? :?

well question is, after you ladies ahd ur op, or friends etc, did a nurse dress? remove dressings? redress etc??

its just there is quite a bit of blood and im not 100% the gauze is all out as its just full of blood :puke:

arghhhh stupid bloody private hospital :wall:

it depends on the op, I think

My hubby had a knee op and a nurse came to do his bandages (much to his enjoyment :roll: )

but then when my mum had her mastectomy (sp?) years back we had to change her dressings

I would call NHS24 and see what they say tbh...

:hug: :hug:

Did you receive an after care letter when you were dishcharged? I would have thought that they should have talked you through what to do as you left or given you an advice sheet ?

Is it still bleeding or is it dry blood?

Have you got anyone there who can help you clean it up, so hard to do on yourself! I would have thought that you should have been advised to have an appt for a nurse to remove the dressing & check it though :think:

If you're unsure to be honest I would contact the hospital. You should be able to get after care advise from them :)

ive got teh districr nurse coming this evening to havea look at it...

i rang my sis and dad who have both had this op done, and apparently they ahd nurses coming every few days for a few weeks to cleaan and redress it....

i hope me removing it hasnt caused any probs with healing etc...

grr im gonna complain bout the hosp.. :(

kirlykird said:
maybe this could be some help for now as if the dressing is off you should really try & clean it up :hug:

http://www.aurorahealthcare.org/yourhea ... 25.html%22

thanks for that hun...

Postoperative Care

Do not put weight on the affected toe.

sent me home walking on it

Keep your foot elevated for the first day after the procedure.

didnt tell me this ^^

Soak your toe in warm, salt, or plain water for 10 to 20 minutes, two or three times each day for one week; soaking decreases pain and swelling.
Keep a clean, dry dressing over the toe.

failed to mention any of the bove to me :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

lovely doc eh lol

hope ur toes better soon Loz, did u run a buggy over it?! :think: :lol:

nope, greater manchester surgical center :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back