• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Need some advice please!

MummyBlue

Reaction score
Hi mummys,

I'm new to this site so you'll have to bear with me! I'm 18 weeks 5 days with second baby (due 10th Oct) , i have a 2 yr old girl. I'm really concerned about the baby as the movements i'm experiencing are really, really low down.

With my daughter i had flutterings at 16 weeks and then pretty soon after i had strong kicks below my belly button. I thought with this preg i would feel much more, sooner but it seems to be the other way round. Any movement i get is very weak and is on my hairline, very low down. My uterus is just under my belly button and scans show i'm dated right. I'm terrified something is wrong here. The movement is also really few and far between. Why would the baby be so low when my womb is so high? Any answers would be great as i'm really scared. xxxx

Movements higher up might be cushioned by your placenta, were you told where your placenta is??

Every baby is different though, and it might just be that this one is more chilled than your first, and like to use your bladder as a trampoline rather than trying to kick at you on the outside.

When baby is kicking, why don't you try poking at baby where you'd like to feel the kicks, you might find s/he pokes you back, you might not, but worth a try (if your placenta is in the way, you might only just feel it though)

might be a silly question but are you sure the movements you're feeling is the baby? I'm not feeling much movement myself yet (also second baby) but the movements I do feel are around my belly button or just below it. It might be because its more roomy and muscles are more lax with it being your second baby! :hug: :hug:

It is definately kicks - i've just (10 mins ago) felt one from the outside for the first time!! I've felt fluttering higher up but actual kicks are very low. I'm now feeling better about baby's health as it gave me a few strong wallops (must have known i was worrying somehow? weird) but still wondering how baby is positioned in there? Head up feet down? Sideways on? Any thoughts on position? Thanks xx

hi hun i am 23 weeks and i am exactly the same at my scan they told me my placenta is between me and baby and this is prob y cant feel many movements anywhere else. i can feel them from the outside but only really low down by my hairline. i think the position of placenta is called anterior not sure will av to check on notes but they will tell u on 20 week scan and if u look at my scan piccie you can see the placenta right above her. xxxx

:lol: Ah ha! Thanks v much, it could well be the same. I actually rang the midwife yesterday just to ask the question and she said it's absolutely fine, no prob and it is quite common with 2nd babies. I've got my scan next Wednesday (really reallly excited!) so i'll be able to see what the devil is going on in there! Thanks for all your answers xxxx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back