Need some advice on jars/pouches!

rheannymac

Reaction score
Okay so so far weaning is going great with Harry except he won't take vegetables. He LOVES fruit, lunges for the spoon when I'm feeding him etc but with veg it just gets spat out and ends in a screaming match. It'sgetting really stressful! We're trying to introduce meat now & also different textures so have been giving him things like sweet potato with chicken mixed through it. I suggested to OH that I buy a few jars/pouches for 7m+ to see if he takes them better then gradually try to get him back to eatin the stuff we make. I also said I would prefer to make fees stuff for him but he's just being such a nightmare take his dinner that I'm getting so stressed an if a jar/pouch will make it easier he can have it!
Is a jar different in any way to a pouch tho? As in nutritionally? Or is it literally just the packaging that's different?

Any other advice would be great too! I know food at this stage is just for fun & experimenting but he surely he can't get by on just fruit & yoghurts etc?

I've no idea about jars & pouches as I never used them with Jack & won't with Harry when the time comes. I'm sure it's all the same though, I know Ella's kitchen ones are supposed to be the tastiest?

When Jack was weaning (we did TW) I used to mix a little bit of stewed pear into his savoury food because he used to refuse it too. He took it better when it was slightly sweeter and I gradually reduced the amount of pear until I didn't need to add it anymore.

Hope that helps? x

I wouldnt bother tbh as if you look at the back of the jar, nutritionally its not that great(a lot of water and starch)
Ellas arent bad but dont create a fusdy eater. You can start by mixing fruit and veg purees(ellas do anyway) and gradually increase veg ratio. How old is he now?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I think maybe the pouches are more for convenience? Or maybe it's cheaper to make the packaging as I'm sure glass is expensive! Jack has a mixture of jars and pouches when we go out and he doesn't seem to prefer one over the other xxx

I don't know what the nutritional value is not as good as our stuff I imagine but I had the same problem. So we tried jars and now she eats lumpy bits and a variety of tastes and textures. So far it's not done her any harm xx

I'm not sure about the nutritional value. But Ella's kitchen are the only ones that taste like actual food. All the other taste so bland and they all taste the same, and have that nasty orange colour. Ella's are tasty. Like you I prfer to make my own but have on the odd occasion used Ella's if we are in a rush or what not x

Ella's kitchen pouches are better than jars I think as there is nothing added, whereas jars have a lot of water and stuff which aren't as nutritious. The jars are also quite bland tasting. When we started weaning Ethan, he had Ella's pouches for a while, as I couldn't get my homemade purees smooth enough. As he started taking the lumps better, he has whatever we're having. Now, he hardly has any mashed up food, we do mainly BLW. He still has the occasional pouch if we're out and about though xx

Thanks ladies! I've bought some Ella's pouches today so we will see how that goes. Hopefully he'll take it a bit better and can move forward! If not ill try mixing veg & fruit and go from there! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back