Need inspiration!

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm just wondering if anybody has any ideas for snacks for Jack? We're really stuck in a rut and I find myself giving him the same snacks day in and day out and want him to try new things.

Snacks he loves are:

Raisins
Dried cranberries
Banana
Green grapes
Goodies fruit bars (the chewy date, apple and banana ones)
Fruit buttons (Frootz)
Cheese cubes
Crisps (can't have the often obviously and won't eat baby type ones)
Chocolate on occasion
Jelly sweets (he loves them but I keep them very limited)
Yoghurt
Fruit pots

Snacks he won't eat:

Biscuits (he hates them with a passion!)
Anything dry like crackers/rice cakes etc
Any fruit apart from those above (I keep trying tangerine and so far he's eaten half a segment)
Veggie stick etc (he'll eat most veggies with his dinner but won't munch on them as a snack)

I really want to new ideas for him for after baby is born and I can get back into the kitchen properly.

Any ideas would be much appreciated :) Oh and he's nearly 20 months x

What about a scone? Or a piece of crumpet? What about the dairlylea cheese Dunkers?xxx

Thanks for replying hun

I've tried dunkers and he won't touch them (doesn't really like dry crunchy food).

He has things like scones and crumpets for his lunch but I guess I could give them to him as snacks on other days too x

Sorry iv no more suggestions!!
Yeah even like just a little bit so it doesn't fill him up too much.

H loves dried fruits, toast, rasins, grapes. one of my friends lo snacks on cherrios.
How about ice lollies made with fruit juice AK has them in her recipe book i think.
pitta bread
bagels
rasin bread?

Have you got to BLW cook book - muffins are good. And you can do sweet or savory. What about making flap jacks.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

He won't eat ice-cream or ice lollies, he doesn't like the coldness lol He's such a little stick in the mud and doesn't like change!

I'm going to action flap jacks and muffins next week I think. He ate a few mini cheddars with his sandwich at lunch time today so that's something new. It's all about the texture and look with Jack, if he doesn't like how it looks and especially how it feels he will not touch it!!

Thanks for your suggestions ladies :) x

We do crumpets, fruit loaf ( occasionally), pears(have to be ripe though and soft). He does like crackers though and corn snacks so those are a savior for us. Will he munch on breadsticks at all or is it too dry?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Too dry!! He won't even eat toast unless I disguise it with cheese spread or jam lol. The only 'dry' food he will eat is crisps but obviously can't have them every day! x

What about something like cucumber or pepper dipped in hummus? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back