Need help.

kelsey

Reaction score
Right, I really need some help - a few years ago a friend of mine put down my vinyl tiles in the kitchen, you know the sticky backed ones? well he also used carpet glue "to help them stick". Only prob is that the glue on the back of the tiles has mixed with the carpet glue and i cant get it off. we want to strip the floor and get laminate flooring down.

PLEASE PLEASE any help is appreciated

I think you are pretty much stuffed tbh.

When we moved into our old house they had some carpet tiles down that were glued. Pulling them up didn't work as it left the glue behind. The carpet fitter in the end said it was easier to put some hardboard or whatever it was down over the top and to then carpet that than try to remove the rest of the tiles and glue and have an uneven surface to cover.

OH saud u need to ty and use a cellios thinner (often found with car paints) this should help break the glue up. then use baby powder to get rid of stickyness if that makes sense ?? :think: :hug:

Where can i get a thinner from?

Sorry i'm really crap at stuff like this lol

DON'T PANIC!

You can buy glue remover from B&Q we got some for a fiver and it shifted the glue!

you can prob get it from Halford's or any car shop that sells bodywork paint etc... or go to B&Q they might even have some!!

Bril, thanx i shall send o/h on a hunt for some

they didn't sell it off the shelf in there though, I had to ask someone as it was locked away with it being a solvent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back