is it just a cold?

Kimbo

Reaction score
yesterday leah started getting really snotty and sneezing a lot.
last night in bed she wouldnt settle and woke up at 2am and was burning.. so i took her pyjama bottoms off and gave her some calpol and then her temperature went back to normal after about 30mins.
she kept waking up during the night because she couldnt bretahe properly through her nose.
this morning she had her full bottle as normal... and then went back to sleep.
she never usually goes back to sleep after her first bottle, and she slept for 2 hours. which is very unusual for leah.

shes still snotty and sneezing a lot.. can they get a temp with a cold? and be really sleepy?

she also wants cuddling all the time

Yes they can definitely get a temp and be more sleepy with a cold, just carry on as you are doing, keeping an eye on her and maybe get something from the chemist to help her blocked nose at night if you want to do that?

thanks you two
shes just fallen asleep again (3rd sleep so far today!) and ive put her in her car seat so shes sat up a bit.
shes been having plenty of fluids too which is good
shse off her food though (solids) and she was last night but shes ok with her milk .
u feel so sorry for them dont u! eyes and nose dripping and red eyes :(

fast forward 4 years and she'll be having a day off school today watching dvds and being spoilt rotten with a new toy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Kim
That sounds exactly like Imogen when she had a cold. (She's had two so far in her first 7 months). She was sleepy sleepy and she went off solids (not sure if Leah is on them?) but I think it was cos Imogen was having trouble breathing and eating at the same time?

Poor Leah....sounds like you are doing totally the right thing. Plenty of fluids, rest and cuddles (something we all need regardless of cold! :rotfl: )

Hope she gets better soon. Oh, we used snuffle babe (like Vicks rub)that helped break up the congestion for Imogen. When she was in bed with me cuddled up I put it on my chest so she could breathe it in.

:hug: :hug:

shes got a tooth through today - first one
poor lil thing will be teething and be full of a cold at the same time :(
shes no better :(

also, on her forehead thermometer, it says she's cool, 35/36
is she ok? better to be cooler than too hot??
i spoilt her today with loads of toys and my mums buying her a ride along rocker tomorrow :lol: :lol: spoilt lil thing

tbh with all 3 of mine (cant comment on leela yet), whenever they have felt or are felling slightly off colour, they always sleep more. they seem to feel better after it - as if their bodies are saying you go sleep, then we can sort you out iykwim

Kimbo said:
shes got a tooth through today - first one
poor lil thing will be teething and be full of a cold at the same time :(
shes no better :(

she's got a tooth!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

that could be why she's a little off colour. Although it does sound like a cold. You can get a Karvol plug in which releases menthol vapours at night...worked a treat for Evie. She had a cold a couple of weeks ago and it took about 5/6 days to pass.

Also if she's really nasal...get the shower on in the bathroom...have it really hot and shut the door so that steam builds up in there...then take Leah in and let her have 5 mins in there completely naked....the steam should help open her nasal passages

Evie sends lots of dribbly kisses :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back