• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Need a routine please!

prettypenguin

Reaction score
I seemed to have just lost control of the daily routines and C will just sleep whenever and eat whenever its never really at set times.

He's 8 months old so I know a bit older than some of the babies in here, so I'm confused on how long to wait between meals,when should I give milk, and how often he should be sleeping in the day... He seems to get tired every 1.5-2hrs and will sleep for around an hour maybe less sometimes.

Also does anyone else do the same activities at the same time each day?

It never really bothered me until my auntie mentioned that perhaps he should be dropping his morning nap now...and also I've started a new job which involves 3 eve shifts 5-9 sp other people will be giving him his dinner and bath/bottle/bed which is always done around the same time anyway, but with him not being used to other people doing it its going out the window a little bit,last night oh said he didnt go to bed til half 7 when his bedtimes supposed to be 6...

I know i prob sound like an idiot,i did used to have a kind of daily routine but then things like teething or bugs or me having stuff on my mind kind of blew it out of the window.

Thanks in advance girls xx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

I can't really help as K isn't on solids yet, but I have been wondering how you schedule everything when they start having meals. I hope someone had a suggestion for you! Also, I wouldn't worry about cutting naps. If lo is tired, let him sleep. I think babies his age usually have 2-3 naps a day anyway. Xx

Hmm it's tough isn't it to know how to implement a routine, I tried to and when she started teething and having growth spurts it knocked everything out so I just let her fall into her own routine. Plus she wakes between 7am-8am everyday, there's never a 'usual' wake up time. This is my routine at the moment and its one that she's gone into herself:

First bottle 5/6am
Back to sleep till 7/8am
Playtime then breakfast at 8.30-9am
Wash and dress
Nap at 9-10am depending on when she woke up, either way it's 2 hours after she previously woke
I offer a bottle 10/11am but she's dropping that at the moment
Play time
Lunch at 12-1pm
Bottle 2-3pm
Nap around 3-4pm
Tea at 6pm and bath bottle bed straight after

As for activities I don't do the same things everyday but usually OH will take her for a walk at 5pm with the dog while I prepare her tea. If it's raining he usually doesn't bother. But I usually just play in the living room with her, read, crawl around the house with her lol. Walks, swimming, playgroups, shopping etc I just do randomly xx

Don't cut naps babe he will get grumpy.. Too young to cut naps..
Lily's day is like this.. Breakfast 9:30, nap, lunch 1/1:30 (depending on how long she sleeps), nap, dinner 4:30, bedtime drink (juice she hates milk now :( ) 6:30 and shes in bed at 7.. I go on how tired she is for bedtime sometimes it's 6..

I'd say meals every 4 hours, that's how I've always done it.. Usually milk with breakfast and milk for bedtime, Ellie had milk with her naps but every baby is diff and both J and L went off milk with solids..

He may sleep better at night if you keep him active a couple of hours before bed so no worries about someone not being able to settle him while your not there.. Obv not too active or he won't sleep lol.. I always make the hour before bed chilled out etc so they can unwind.

Figure out what is best for you an go on that.. I have to fit her in with the girls school and bedtimes..

He defo still needs his morning nap hun, even if it is just a short one. Jack still goes for his morning nap 2hrs after he wakes up and I don't see him dropping it anytime soon.

From what I remember when he was 8 months he was getting up between 6-7am and having breakfast straight away ( he's never drank more than 1oz first thing in the morning so we stopped it early on). Then he'd nap at 8ish for up to 2hrs, then have milk when he woke up. Play for 2hrs then have lunch. He'd have afternoon milk at 2ish and go for another nap for up to 2hrs again. He'd have dinner when he woke then play for a bit before his bath. He'd play after his bath until 8pm then have another bottle and be asleep by 8.30pm. He also still had a night feed then too x

Hiya!!

Can't really offer any more advice as the girls have already said it all!

How's the job going? Hope your enjoying it :)

Will have to arrange to visit you whenever you have a spare hour or two :) Me and H miss you and C xxxx

Thanks guys, gonna try a few things from your replies and hopefully have a more structured day!

I miss you and h too! This stupid crap arse job is taking it out of me at the min! Xx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back