Need a rant - sorry

JayK2387

Reaction score
Right my friends are being complete and total air heads and are NOT thinking about my feelings.

Ever since I told them I have felt them slowely stepping away. Even though they keep saying their excited and will support me Ive felt the complete opposite.

Already, they have stopped inviting me out at the weekends, shopping on saturdays and have even stopped including me in the gossip sessions.

Im really beginning to get upset.

We we're sat out at the comedy club the other day and they started talking about camping. I was looking at them all blankly as I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about and then one of my friends turned to me and said "oh sorry, I was gonna invite you but then thought there was no point" Turns out their going for her birthday but didnt invite me because obviously pregnancy is a terminal illness that prevents you from living a normal life GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Ive been friends with these girls since I was 11 so the best part of 10 years.

I cant believe how they're acting.

I could seriously sit here and cry my eyes out!!!!!11 :(

Sorrry really just had to real that off and as I clearly have no friends anymore thought this the best place to do it.

sigh

aw sorry to hear that... :hug:

you rant away all you need....

Aw you poor thing-how insensitive of them, I take it none of them have kids! You rant away all you want, thats whats good about here, you can vent your feelings and hopefully get some advice too.

Maybe you should confront them about it-imagine when you have your baby they will all want to visit and have a hold etc, why should you let them share in that if they are blatantly excluding you now!!

Sorry to hear how your friends are treating you, that's really pants.

Maybe explain to them that just cos you're pregnant it doesn't mean you can do things, and that in fact you'd like to still be included so you can make the most of the time you can spend together before the baby is born.

It could be that they're worried they won't have much in common with you anymore and that you'll be talking about babies all the time (I've had pregnant friends in the past and I must admit it did get a bit tedious - even though I know I'm probably going to be just as bad!)

If they're still being the same then that's crap and a real shame, but hopefully once you confront them they'll get better.

K x

PS. It's probably best you don't go camping - have you not seen the weather!? :lol:

:hug:

Give them what for! They probably don't even realise they have upset you so just let them know that although you are pregnant and there is a few things you can't do, it doesn't mean your social life is over! You are still the same person they loved before, just with a little extra going on and you've felt a little upset by their actions and i'm sure all will be well again!

But winge away here, it's the best place for it!!

Aw big :hug: :hug:

This happened to me when i was pregnant the first time. I was 17 and all my friends just abandoned me, i know it's tough but to be honest my baby was worth so much more to me than their friendships at the end of the day!
This is my 4th pregnancy and i am nearly 28, i still think that i will get left out of things like nights out and stuff! Try not to worry about it too much but i would get your friends round for a girly night and explain that you are pregnant not ill or disabled and that you don't want to be left out of stuff, if they are good friends they will understand. :hug:

let them know you can lead a normal life when pregnant! I take it non of your friends have kids? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back