Need a hand please

AgentM

Reaction score
I am still bf Oliver and are in the process of dropping his morning feed (going over to cows milk). That just leaves his bedtime feed. My problem, is that he still goes to sleep on the boob. I don't want him going to sleep with a bottle, so how do I tackle bedtime? I'm not sure how I'm going to get him to go to sleep on his own, and don't know where to start.

Hints anyone please?!!

I would just try cold turkey hun, are you wishing to drop the evening bf or just stop the wee man falling asleep?

- would just use the same techniques I would have for keeping them awake..singing, blowing on their face,stripping them down, nappy change :)

Sam used to fall asleep while I was feeding him too. When I was about 3 months pregnant he just suddenly wanted to stop (I think my milk dried up) so we had no choice - we just started taking him up awake in the evenings, reading him a story while he was lying in his cot then leaving him even if he was still awake. Sometimes he'd cry for about a minute and sometimes he'd go straight to sleep, so it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Hope it goes well with Oliver too :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back